Note: Although this is a remote position, we are only considering candidates based within the EST timezone.
We’re looking for someone with inbound sales experience, ideally from a SaaS background, to join our growing sales team. We approach sales from an educational mindset, and pride ourselves on being product-experts so we can help customers solve their problems.
Reporting to our Sales Lead, you'll help us develop new sales programs that are personable and educational, but also scalable. You should understand the evolution of SaaS sales (freemium model), and can apply that to building a sales pipeline that creates successful onboarding during trials, and closes the ideal leads.
As the team grows, you’ll also help determine strategy and processes for increasing expansions and renewals. You’ll collaborate with our Revenue-focused teams to evolve and improve our pricing strategy to ensure that we’re correctly aligning customers to the right payment plan. You will also be an advocate for our leads and customers on improving our early onboarding experience which helps leads convert.
Our ideal team member for this role is numbers-oriented and experienced working with a high volume of leads. You are as comfortable thinking through how to approach transactional sales with high-touch, personable interactions that educate our leads, as you are in conceiving self-service experiences for SMBs. You’ll be naturally curious and empathetic in understanding the needs of our customers.
- Perform product demos and present webinars for both prospects and customers.
- Refine and develop how we converse with prospective clients to ensure they are educated on what they can achieve with our product.
- Determine and lead projects that make it possible for leads to self-serve their sales-related needs.
- Identify ways to improve our onboarding experience.
- Develop and maintain a sales opportunity and forecast system.
- Assist and determine our capabilities on Pilots, POCs and RFPs.
- Collaborate with the Customer Success team both during the sales pipeline and at the handover stage.
- Collaborate with leadership to help determine pricing and product line strategy, and to identify new markets we can enter and develop plans to do so effectively.
- Work with Finance, Legal and DevOps to ensure the team is efficiently issuing and managing estimates, invoices, legal agreements and security documents.
- Partner with Marketing to create and promote market specific programs and lead generation campaigns.
- Communicate prospective customer needs to product managers and product teams.
- Help establish training material and programmes as the Sales team grows.
- 3+ years of inbound sales experience, with high-volume, SMB accounts, ideally SaaS. Customer Success experience would be considered advantageous.
- Customer-facing experience in a technology environment - empathetic to the challenges customers face.
- Tech-minded - able to develop a keen understanding and technical knowledge to speak clearly to customers and communicate their needs to our team.
- Be comfortable taking calls and closing deals while also thinking strategically about growing our sales efforts.
- Experience adapting sales skills for a diverse customer base, with an educational mindset.
- Experience of approaching process in a scalable way and implementing pipelines that are efficient in closing leads at high-volume.
- Naturally empathetic - must be comfortable talking to different types of potential customers from multiple industries and technical abilities.
- Experience with managing renewals.
- A desire to work in a respectful, caring, and transparent work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
What we offer
- A remote and accomplished diverse and international team.
- A chance to positively enhance people’s experience online and make the web a better place.
- Annual learning and development budget.
- Several perks designed for your well-being and a healthy work-life balance (Holiday Budget, Wellbeing Allowance, Working Together Budget, 16 weeks paid parental leave, and much more).
The budgeted compensation range for this role is $56,500 to $73,000 annually (we do not have a commission or bonus scheme at Hotjar). Ranges are based on market research and are equitable to other roles within Hotjar. The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience. At this time we are only able to provide official employment status to those located in Malta. All other candidates will join our team as full-time consultants and will be responsible for paying any taxes or applicable fees where they reside.