As the Vice President of Sales, you'll lead the sales organization and contribute meaningfully to the growth of the company. You'll drive strategy and execution of all sales initiatives and will ensure short-term and long-term revenue expansion. You will be critical in helping lead the company to meet revenue, growth and profitability targets. As VP of Sales, you will serve as a collaborative member of the senior leadership team and work closely with the entire Mixmax leadership Team, including the company’s board of directors. This role reports directly to the CEO.
Within three months, you'll:
- Develop a deep understanding of how Mixmax delivers and adds value to our customers by meeting with all key business leaders to understand where we are as a company, what we’ve been focused on and how you can contribute to scaling our growing business
- Provide a diagnostic and areas for improvement within the sales organization and develop a strong, strategic sales plan that demonstrates how 2020 targets and beyond will be attained:
- Identify the soft spots in our sales and marketing processes and how to improve them; this could including prospecting/qualification, deal progression, forecasting and enablement
- Prepare and share a “what’s working” analysis and execution plan for Mixmax sales engine to continue and accelerate growth into 2021
- Present your early findings, including priority gaps to close and potential next steps to the senior leadership team and the board
- Review current sales methodology and identify areas for improvement such as through training the sales team and implementing process changes
- Investigate the skills and knowledge necessary to ramp new hires on Mixmax’s product and sales process
Within six months, you'll:
- Establish a strong sales cadence and series of processes to run sales in a highly efficient, repeatable, measurable manner:
- Take ownership of sales operations to track and improve standard sales metrics including sales stage conversion, sales cycle, win rate, sales rep productivity, pipeline coverage and forecasting accuracy, among others
- Partner with marketing to establish an agreed upon integrated sales and marketing plan to drive growth including: evaluating demand generation activities to create a scalable demand engine that drives maximum sales productivity
- Identify opportunities to meaningfully increase revenue from our existing customers by implementing best practices to drive incremental revenue through upsell of additional software and services
Successfully ramp new reps with standardized onboarding and training to enable them to achieve quota post ramp
Preferred skills and background
- 3+ years experience managing AE and SDR teams
- Demonstrated success in scaling revenue from $10m to $20m+
- Experience growing distributed sales teams a huge plus
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
At Mixmax, we know that nobody's perfect, and that no one ever matches 100% with a job description. That's okay–we're human after all!
Diversity and inclusion are core to our culture, and we're actively committed to building a more inclusive and open workplace. No matter your background or how you identify, if you're excited about this role, please apply today!
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and any other local ordinances, Mixmax will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Mixmax story
At Mixmax, our vision is a world without busywork. Since our launch in 2015, Mixmax has become the product of choice for over 10,000 Sales and Customer Success teams to eliminate and automate repetitive work. This means more time to focus on what matters: engaging and serving the needs of customers.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built. We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group that values personal and professional growth equally. We take care of ourselves, our families, our customers, and one another. We believe in sustainable and diverse approaches to work and life, because optimizing for the long-term is the best path to success.
Our company is distributed, with remote team members worldwide and headquarters in San Francisco. We offer competitive salaries, meaningful equity, and generous benefits. And you get to work on a product people absolutely love!
Apply for this Position