TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses. Our mission is to make eCommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 90 people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
We are looking for a someone who is fanatical about helping businesses succeed while working across other functions of the organization to ensure an exceptional customer experience and drive revenue. Ensuring the happiness of our customers is everything to us.
The right candidate will be someone who enjoys speaking with people, has great organizational and communication skills, and is a team player who can work well across marketing, sales, and customer success.
As a Sales Development Representative (SDR) you will
- Assist with supporting TaxJar’s marketplace eCommerce customers evaluating our TaxJar Basic solution
- Qualify opportunities and Help build the pipeline for TaxJar Plus
- Learn, collaborate and have fun on a daily basis!
- Front lines for answering phones and following-up voice messages
- Handling calls and leads for Amazon/marketplace customers
- Assigning new accounts and opportunities in Salesforce
- Scheduling calls/demos for sales
- Qualifying new TaxJar Plus opportunities
- Supporting outbound sales initiatives
- 0-3 years experience
- Strong phone skills
- Rapid learner with ability to work in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications (chat, video, email, etc)
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com applications preferred
- BS/BA degree
- Interested in learning solution sales and growing into an Account Executive role
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you:
- Have a passion for remote work
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please)
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
Apply for this Position