Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and we are consistently ranked amongst the highest-grossing apps in both Google Play and the App Store.
With over 6 million regular komoot users, we’re also well on our way to becoming the world’s biggest community of outdoor enthusiasts. Join our team and take over the responsibility for these wonderful people through defining our global community strategy, leading our international team of community managers and overseeing all community activities from our ambassador program to events.
Why you will love it
- You’ll work with a community of enthusiastic mountain bikers, hikers, and cyclists around the world.
- You will take the ownership of your role from the very beginning and play a strategic role in our community and community team development.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced environment with colleagues who are experts in their field; people who love to spend their free time the way you do: by cycling, hiking and exploring outdoors.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone located between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides.
What you’ll do
- Shape the overall strategy and manage single-minded campaigns to build a strong community of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Play a key role in hiring community managers and grow our community team from 4 to 10+ people.
- Lead a team of community managers located all around the world and coordinate team efforts, ensure knowledge sharing and effective communication.
- Oversee our influencer and ambassador campaigns among cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts in 10+ countries.
- Determine sponsorships, get us involved with the most relevant community events and proactively identify further opportunities to grow our community engagement.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 5+ years of experience in creating and managing community initiatives, ideally within the cycling/outdoor industry.
- Have proven experience with managing people (previous experience with managing and hiring for remote teams preferred).
- Possess great leadership, communication, presentation, and people skills. You are a charismatic and hands-on leader who motivates and guides the team to achieve great results.
- Have worked with with influencers and ambassador programs in the past and possess solid experience with event management and sponsorship activities
- Are a keen cyclist and outdoor enthusiast who regularly attends events/meetups meaning you’re already well connected in the outdoor community. You also know all of the insider info before anybody else and consider networking a way of life. , you know “what’s the tea” and networking is your way of life.
- You speak excellent English. Other languages are a plus
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV.
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Please include the 3 of the most relevant examples of community initiatives you managed.
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram or komoot account.
Apply for this Position
- Any time zone located between between UTC-1 and UTC+3