This is a remote position based in West Coast Americas
The People Operations specialist plays an integral role in the effectiveness of the People Team. This role will be more focused on execution of Operational and administrative tasks. Targeted areas of focus for the team member in this role will include:
- Coordinate all off-boarding tasks and provide assistance when needed.
- Coordinate all on-boarding tasks and provide assistance when needed.
- Process all reference / visa / mortgage letter requests.
- Responsible for providing support for company wide use of Zoom, Moo and NexTravel (permissions, troubleshooting).
- Manage the Team Meetings calendar
- Provide assistance in responding to emails in the people operations email and Slack channel to ensure extraordinary customer service to employees and leaders at GitLab.
- Work closely with People Operations and broader People team to implement specific People Operations processes and transactions.
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks.
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies and inconsistencies and collaborate towards an improved and more productive process that improves the employee and/or manager’s experience.
- Assist with other People Operation activities as needed.
- The ability to work autonomously and to drive your own performance & development would be important in this role.
- Prior extensive experience in an HR or People Operations role.
- Clear understanding of HR laws in one or multiple countries where GitLab is active.
- Willingness to work strange hours when needed (for example, to call an embassy in a different continent).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong team player who can jump in and support the team on a variety of topics and tasks.
- Enthusiasm for and broad experience with software tools.
- Proven experience quickly learning new software tools.
- Willing to work with git and GitLab whenever possible.
- Willing to make People Operations as open and transparent as possible.
- Proven organizational skills with high attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential.
- High sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Bachelors degree or 2 years related experience.
- Experience at a growth-stage tech company is preferred.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position