The role of the Engagement Project Coordinator is to administer and organize all types of technical projects and artifacts, from simple activities to managing complex customer relationships.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with the Engagement Project Management Team members, project stakeholders as well as commercial customers to prepare action plans, including resources, timeframes and financial needs. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling financial queries and driving customer communication. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management, organization and communication/reporting skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Own communication with clients to identify and define requirements, issues, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that customer needs are met as projects evolve
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Project Managers and engineering teams to eliminate blockers
- Work with and understand appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Create and maintain project documentation, plans and reports
- Team time tracking and reporting
- Support Technical Architecture Director
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Apply for this Position
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, in English; working French, Spanish, or German is a plus.
- Extensive experience successfully supporting projects with cross-cultural and multi-continent internal and external project resources, preferably with resources in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- Strong communicator
- Self-starting professional who “makes things happen” with experience successfully anticipating issues and risks and effectively managing project stakeholders to work together as a team to resolve issues.
- Fundamental understanding of the five project management process groups and full accountability to continuously stay on top of the known triple constraint (or project management triangle).
- Excellent understanding of and ability to manage key shared (non-dedicated) technical and business stakeholder roles and responsibilities in service delivery projects (including internal business partners, external partners and customers, engineers, engineering managers, sales engineers, sales executives, cloud architects, consultants, legal, sales operations, external third parties, other technical managers, executives, etc.).
- Basic understanding of gantt chart creation, project status reporting, and fundamental understanding and utilization of PM tools for support in project management activities.
- Familiarity with using ERP or time and labor systems for project cost analyses.
- Preferred knowledge of: Linux/UNIX technology components (Support,Development, Implementation), understanding of IT data center architectures, server architectures, cloud technology, Openstack, and/or FIPS or Common Criteria Certifications are preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills; exceptional intelligence.
- Experience working with telco customers, preferred
- Preferred Degree level education, preferably in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math).
- PMP/PMI, or PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification preferred.
- Able to thrive in a changing organization and, as such, is also a change agent, able to work with the project management group Director and other PMO team members/managers to modify and improve his/her own roles and responsibilities as well as suggest other stakeholder improvements.
- Ability and willingness to travel occasionally domestically and internationally.
- Flexibility to work nonstandard work hours in support of a world-wide sales and project team, as needed.