Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond.
This role supports the Product Growth team by delivering insightful, actionable, and timely competitive intelligence to drive profitable growth and advance Fastly’s strategy.
This individual will be expected to have a real passion for and deep understanding of the competitive landscape in an effort to improve product roadmaps, positioning, and sales effectiveness. We want someone who can look across our market and industries, see connections others might miss, and make recommendations accordingly.
Senior Competitive Intelligence Manager
What You'll Do
- Oversee and conduct analysis of competition and industry trends, present findings and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Establish plans, develop and implement competitive intelligence strategies
- Develop and maintain up-to-date competitor and market profiles, providing rapid-response updates to competitive moves
- Own Win/Loss, execution and analysis, synthesizing results to help steer product and sales initiatives
- Support Product Management with product feature gap analysis, competitive threats and product launch strategies
Support Product Marketing & Sales Operations in formulating sales strategies, positioning and content to improve sales effectiveness
- Develop and maintain a network of information sources, including internal teams, partners, customers, and industry experts
- Remain informed on competitive research tools and best practices for tracking and reporting information
- Ensure intelligence-gathering activities meet legal requirements, company policies and professional ethics
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in competitive intelligence, research or product marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Strong investigative talents and research skills
- Strong insight generation, influencing and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to analyze markets, products and competitors and translate information into actionable intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal skills along with the ability to quickly create meaningful visuals and collateral
- Excellent problem-solving and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, communicate and build alignment on concepts from ideation to execution
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.