For the full job description its best to go to our Notion page where you will find all the ins and outs on working for Aula
The short version ⏳
Why: Learning infrastructure should focus on community, collaboration, conversation - not on being a digital file cabinet 🗄️.
Who: Humble, curious and builder-mentality. 7+ years of full-stack development.
How: React, React-Native, microservices in Node.js, serverless, Docker, AWS, Redux, MongoDB.
What is Aula? 🐝
Aula is a remote-first 50-person team building a social learning platform. Our mission is to enable all educators to engage all students.
Powered by an ecosystem of integrations, Aula is the foundational layer in the university tech stack that shapes a whole industry.
We built Aula because we believe digital infrastructure should encourage community and participation-based learning.
We’re looking for a seasoned full-stack engineer to build features across the entire stack (front-end, back-end, mobile) and challenge our thinking on architecture.
Here’s a snapshot of what you could be working on:
- Be part of leading a high-performing and inclusive team: inspiring team members, set priorities and own results
- Building backend microservices
- Move services to a serverless architecture
- Pushing our thinking on core architecture choices
- Working directly with Adrian, CPO and product designers, to build, maintain and improve slick user interfaces across devices
- Switching between different apps and devices (web, desktop, iOS, Android)
- Improving and maintaining our distributed architecture
- Contributing to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
We’d love to hear from you if… 🔍
You’re are the kind of person who:
- Wants to foster a culture of no-ego team players who put the product first.
- Adds another perspective to our team - for example, engineers who identify as women, transgender or identify as non-binary. Engineers from the African continent as well as the LATAM area.
- Thrives in caring and direct feedback environments.
- Appreciates the value of diverse and inclusive teams.
- Can arrange a working day with 6 hours of overlap with the workday in GMT.
- Is excited to explore the world of remote working.
- Consider yourself transparent, reliable and considerate.
- Wants to join a 53 person startup journey with all the ups and downs.
You’ve done some of these things…
- Worked on both front-end and back-end, ideally 7+ years.
- You have production experience with React
- You have experience iterating on products from end-to-end (full feature).
- Been part of excellent engineering teams as they scaled beyond 10 people.
Apply for this Position