Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Dev Care Experience @Heetch
The top priority of our developer-driven team is to improve the productivity of other developers in the company by spotting generic needs across teams and addressing them in the most impactful way. Whether this is done by introducing a new technology or designing a creative solution to a problem shared by various teams, it's done through carefully collected feedbacks, analysis and is delivered iteratively, following closely open-source methodologies.
You can read more about our team on our blog.
From the inside, we're a caring team of engineers who share the same set of values:
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly.
- Team Unity: No one is left behind.
- Move Fast: No need to demonstrate for days, do it.
- Promulgate Knowledge: Whether it's organizational, cultural or technical, we're eager to learn!
- It's OK to fail: Succeed together, learn together.
What will be your role?
By joining the team, you'll be in charge of shaping the foundations of our technical writing team, by building with us a communication strategy that is both efficient and sustainable. Ultimately, you will enable software engineers to write publicly about their own work, write top-notch documentation and make communications both inside and outside the company better.
Does it sound like you?
- You have a strong and demonstrable ability to communicate well about software engineering: articles, presentation decks, technical docs, slack messages.
- You've worked before as a software engineer: You might not be able to write professional software but you're able to write some scripts and automate things a bit.
- You're familiar with open source, Github and software engineering in general.
- You're able to collaborate and communicate on a global scale with multiple engineering teams to help figure out gaps in our tooling and infrastructure and help drive solutions.
- You can work entirely remotely and are not afraid of going out over Slack to get answers from people.
- You have some publicly available articles to showcase your ability to write.
What will you do?
- Build a communication strategy to enable all engineers to broadcast about their work
- Write, review, study, analyse and steer technical documentation at team level than at the company level
- Be responsible for all aspects related to writing documentation within the team
- Absorb a huge quantity of knowledge while working with talented engineers that knows how hard good doc can be to write
- Deliver a concrete plan on how to scale public communications related to tech
What will be our challenges together?
- Help engineers to write excellent engineering articles. Establish a writing pipeline, practices and guides to help everyone to get most of their thoughts into great and accessible content.
- Build top-notch documentation for the other engineers to trust. Work with us to find a sustainable approach in maintaining those, through guidance, advising and advocating the need for good documentation.
- Help engineers and other managers to collectively deliver public technical contributions, through talks, blog posts and tweets, in order to raise awareness about Heetch and develop its technical reputation.
- Pave the way to a dedicated team of technical writers and developer advocate that will leverage her/his experience into building a team focused on helping other teams to take their communication to the next level.
- Continuously learn through an extensive scope of technologies, from Docker to Event-Sourcing and Functional Programming to Data-Science algorithms.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders
Check out our Engineering Blog and follow our twitter :)
You can also have a look at our open-source projects and contributions here.
Apply for this Position