Scala/ Spark Software Developer (Remote United States)
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. We are currently seeking a Scala / Spark Software Developer that is fluent in both AWS, Scala & Spark & to be a technical resource for the development of clean and maintainable code and to work on the integration of enterprise data into a cohesive analytical data warehouse. In addition to contributing code and tangible deliverables the role is expected to work as an adviser to help identify, educate, and foster best-in-class solutions. Creating these relationships requires strong communication skills.
At Railroad19, you are part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. We are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, New York, but we are a distributed team of remote developers across the US.
This is a full-time role with vacation, full benefits and 401k. Railroad19 provides competitive compensation with excellent benefits and a great corporate culture.
The role is remote - U.S. located (EST Zone is preferred ), only full time (NO- contractors, Corp-to-Corp or 1099).
- Understand our client's fast-moving business requirements
- Negotiate appropriate solutions with multiple stakeholders
- Write and maintain scalable enterprise quality software
- Develop new applications and production application support
- Participate in detailed technical design, development, implementation and support of Big Data applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Work with large streams of data with tools like Spark and Kafka.
- Manage the complete software development life cycle
- Writing functional and unit tests in order to maintain code quality
- Develop understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements.
- Participate in project work groups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs
- Collaborate with other teams in order to deliver a highly performance application that contains little or no defects
- Identify new opportunities, tools, and services to enhance the custom software platform
- Support and troubleshoot issues (process & system), identify root cause, and proactively recommend sustainable corrective actions
Skills & Experience:
Apply for this Position
- Advanced Scala development-based software solutions
- Strong experience with Spark and Kafka working with large streams of data and experience building data pipelines
- Enterprise experience with Apache Hadoop tools
- Enterprise experience with NoSQL implementation, including stream processing
- Experience with Transactional and BI reporting systems - design, development, tuning, and production support 5
- Experience with database design and modeling - logical and physical, ETL development, performance tuning - table partitioning and indexing, process threading, and database storage sizing and maintenance
- Hands on experience with Java 8 (especially streaming collections and functional interfaces)
- Hands on experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Hands on experience with MySQL, ETL
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in delivering working software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience participating on an agile team
- Is self-directed and can effectively contribute with little supervision
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline; or equivalent work experience