Apollo is building tools that help product developers build and shipping innovative experiences to their customers. We’re at the heart of a significant shift in how web and mobile apps are created by leveraging a data graph using GraphQL and building the tools needed to develop your data graph in productive and efficient ways.
As Product Designer at Apollo, you’ll work closely with a team of engineers, our leadership team, and other functions from around the company to research what our users need and translate that into design work that is functional and appealing. Design at Apollo is also a new function, and you will play a vital role in defining design at Apollo, creating foundation design components for our design system, and owning features from end-to-end.
What you will do
- You’ll report to the [Principal Product Designer OR Head of Product Design] and also closely partner with other company stakeholders.
- Contribute to Space Kit, Apollo’s budding design system, by designing and documenting new design components.
- Work across Apollo Graph Manager, Apollo Docs, and apollographql.com to deliver high-quality design work.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, Developer Experience, and Engineering partners representing design at Apollo, providing and seeking feedback, and participating in planning.
- Contribute to new processes that drive efficiency in working with the Product Design organization.
- You have an excellent portfolio showcasing a strong foundation in typography, interaction design, and visual design. Additionally, you have case studies that demonstrate the lifecycle of design and your impact.
- You have experience in product design organizations and working cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to develop strategy and rationale for new features and product directions.
- You have experience with user research methods and artifacts, such as card sorting, user interviews, journey mapping, and others.
- You have a general understanding of frontend markup (HTML, CSS) and the overall technical aspects of building for the web.
- You have excellent written and verbal skills. You can adequately explain design decisions and rationale grounded design and usability principles, even to team members who do not share that background.
- You’re an excellent facilitator, guiding the team through ideation, research, and the natural ambiguity that occurs when defining a new feature.
- Huge plus if you have experience working with remote teams and can effectively communicate and contribute in a highly distributed environment.
This position can be done from our San Francisco headquarters or anywhere else in the continental US.
Apollo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a talented and diverse workforce.
Apply for this position