Uniregistry Corp., is recruiting for a talented Software Developer - Backend to join our Development team.
We are headquartered in the Cayman Islands and have and office in Newport Beach, a satellite office in Austin, and New York. For the right candidate we are also open to remote work after a period of 3 - 6 months of on-boarding and getting to know your team at our headquarters. Yes that means you will have to come and live in the Caribbean for the winter. We can think of worst ways to spend your winter! Intrigued? Keep reading...
- Design and develop software that compels people to engage with media.
- Build, optimize, and maintain an easy-to-use, powerful web application.
- Craft elegant solutions to challenging problems and actively look for ways to improve Uniregistry's codebase.
- Deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, and in-depth code reviews.
- Work on a fast moving team that delivers on shared commitments.
- Work at all levels of athe web stack.
- Work closely with product managers, designers, other developers.
- Innovate on new products and features that can reach millions of users.
- Help drive the direction of our growing architecture.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Strong experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL.
- Comfortable with version control system (GIT).
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies such as DNS, email, monitoring, information security and load balancing.
- Personal ownership of assignments and responsibilities.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of core back-end technologies: Node.js or Python; REST APIs; and distributed architectures.
- Working knowledge of domain registry / registrar data protocols and extensions (XML / EPP) is a bonus.
The following skills will be highly favored:
- PostgreSQL (PL/PGSQL)
- Unix systems (Linux/Debian)
- Internet protocols and services (DNS, HTTP, REST)
- Proficient in programming languages (Perl, Python, C, PHP, Go)
- XML, JSON
- Messaging queues (RabbitMQ)
- We offer a relocation package to all new employees to the island!
- We provide our team members with fresh, local, organic gourmet breakfast and lunch. You won’t go hungry at Uniregistry!
- We pay 100% of the medical premiums for our team members and 50% premiums for their dependents.
- Onsite gym!
- Warm, and inviting work space with ergonomic desks that can raise and lower to maintain optimal health in an office environment.
- A competitive package is offered, commensurate with experience.
- The opportunity to live on a beautiful, developed Caribbean island and endless breathtaking sunsets!
*Please note, perks are location specific.
*We are recruiting for this position in-house and will reach out to recruiters if needed.