Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
We are looking for two passionate Cloud Security Specialists to be part of a team focused on implementing, improving and maintaining security for Elastic Cloud while enabling our team to grow and succeed.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Working as part of an open, fast paced and highly collaborative team environment with tools like Git, Terraform, Ansible, and Rundeck.
- Collaboration with talented engineers and developers to deploy into new environments with security in mind.
- Fulfillment of access provisioning requests for Elastic developers and engineers on the Cloud Team using automation tools (like our awesome Chatbot!)
- Provide recommendations, input, and code contributions to automation tooling for ongoing operational activities
- Working with senior engineers to solve complex access issues in an environment focused around automation and infrastructure as code
What You Bring Along:
- You are a critical thinker and are passionate about learning and growing your skillset and love to openly share your experiences with the team
- You've had exposure to Cloud environments like AWS, Azure, and GCP and are familiar with automation in these environment
- You are confident with Linux operating systems and working with a command line environment
- You can operate within a GitHub driven organization and are comfortable communicating to large audiences over email and in real time with chat programs such as Slack or video "face-to-face" in Zoom.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an outstanding team member mentality, with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- You've built and or maintained tools to get the job done and aren't afraid to use open source solutions
- You love to learn new things and strive to continuously learn and challenge yourself and others
- You feel comfortable working in a remote environment and can communicate both synchronously and asynchronously with a team that's distributed across multiple time zones
- Coding! You jump at the chance to automate something and make the task that much more efficient
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position