Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and, with more than 7 million users and 50,000 five-star reviews - komoot is on its way to become one of the most popular cycling and hiking apps.
We are now looking for a Managing Editor who will be in charge of our “Sponsored collections” content creation and delivery. We would love to hear from you if you are an outdoors sports fanatic, an exceptional editor with a never-ending positive attitude and ready to make the next career step.
Why you will love it
- You will actively contribute to creating outdoor collections from beautiful destinations which inspire people all around the world to get outside, be active and enjoy life
- You will be personally responsible for the quality of the content of komoot and you will be able to shape the tone and message that more than 7 million users will read
- You love your job as an editor but are ready to step up the game
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone situated between UTC-1 and UTC+3
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides
What will you do
- Manage the creation and publishing of our sponsored collections from initial brief with our business partners to final launch online.
- Plan the editorial calendar and coordinate our team of freelance editors to ensure all content is of high quality and delivered on time. You will need to have an overview of multiple projects at all times and ready to prioritize workflow and/ or shuffle things around if need be.
- Communicate with our external partners, sales and PR team, Community managers, as well as other stakeholders throughout the whole process, keeping them informed and taking their feedback onboard while ensuring the content is aligned with our branding and communications/ PR strategy
- Oversee proofreading procedures and edit German and English copy when necessary
- Follow today’s digital media landscape, key trends, and challenges - suggest improvements and own your work
You will be successful in this position if you:
- Are an experienced editor with proven track of producing digital content, skilled in writing for a specific audience and have a passion for storytelling and publishing
- Enjoy to plan, coordinate and ensure a flawless execution of tasks for your remote team
- Feel at home in the digital world, are structured, extremely organized, efficient and reliable with great attention to detail
- Are attentive, patient, a true people person with great communication skills, used to deal with all kinds and seniority levels of internal and external stakeholders and ability to prioritize and accommodate all their needs
- Are motivated to join komoot and have true interest and knowledge of the outdoors, including hiking, cycling and mountain biking—you are ideally experienced in all of them and even wrote about them all
- Speak German on a native level with impeccable grammar, punctuation and spelling skills— and you have proficient level of written English
- Are ready to advance your career towards a more organizational role, where managerial tasks are focus, while still keeping in touch with writing and editing high-quality material
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
- Your CV
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- The three most relevant examples of your work (you can link it to your CV or attach with your application)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
Apply for this Position
- Any location within UTC-1 to UTC+3 timezone