TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar's remote-only team of 100+ people is growing quickly. We’re looking for an Instructional Designer who is ideas-driven, comes from a teaching or training background, and is passionate about making learning an invigorating and empowering experience. Candidates can expect to work with subject matter experts, a diverse range of formats and multimedia production platforms, as well as creating training for a wide range of audiences including customers, employees, and partners. Other responsibilities include developing objectives, rewriting and reshaping content, and developing and analyzing assessments.
Successful candidates should have a firm grasp of how people learn, and excellent design, writing, communication, and collaboration skills. Ideally, the perfect candidate should also have experience in managing projects and moving them forward.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
- Design and deliver training content for the customer services team and our customers that provides an engaging experience while growing both the breadth and depth of product knowledge and customer support processes.
- Write learning objectives by working with subject matter experts to determine what is to be learned. Create the layout of the instructional material while determining the scope of educational projects and conducting research as needed.
- Write and structure content and activities for optimized how people learn, ensuring the content matches established objectives as well as reshaping content for changing needs.
- Provide creative and innovative treatments to exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Develop and test audio, visual, and interactive media aids as well as study guides and training manuals.
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design.
- Devise modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course, analyze results and apply changes to content as needed to improve assessment scores.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design or educational design
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a similar role
- Experience working within a SaaS industry
- Experience with a Learning Management System (LMS)
- In-depth knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Basic design skills with associated technologies
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio, and video scripts
- Comfortable leading presentations and proven ability to coach others
- High energy, enthusiastic, and growth-mindset communication style
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to travel occasionally as required
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity / 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.
Apply for this Position