GitLab is looking for an essential member who can help drive operational improvements within our finance department. You will join our team in its early stages responsible for developing a highly efficient, world class accounting process. We expect you will know your way around GAAP principles, financial statements, and be a proven problem solver.
- Ensure an accurate and timely month end close by providing leadership and support to the accounting close process. This role includes serving as a hands-on team member responsible for preparing and reviewing transactions which includes but not limited to inter-company, payroll, allocations and accruals.
- Manages the month end close checklist and helps to ensure the accounting team is staying on track to meet all close deadlines.
- Prepares and reviews various balance sheet reconciliations and trended expense to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with GAAP.
- Supervise accounting staff on daily tasks and provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Assist with daily banking requirements. Help monitor and forecast cash position
- Establish and enforce proper accounting policies and principles in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO, Controller, and company wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Assist in preparation of documentation for external audit requests.
- Support overall department goals and objectives and assist in any ad hoc projects
- Manage 3rd party accounting consultants and other accounting professional contractors as needed.
- Administrator of Expensify and the corporate card accounting including enhancing the current process to streamline and optimize automation.
- Administrator of NetSuite including chart of accounts maintenance, user set up, access etc...
- Proven work experience as an Accounting Manager or similar leadership role.
- Public company accounting experience is required
- Ability to contribute to the career development of staff and a culture of teamwork
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP principles and financial statements
- Must have experience with Netsuite or other big ERP tool
- Experience with Expensify is plus
- Proficient with excel and google sheets
- International experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with GitLab
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Successful completion of a background check.
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Controller
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our CFO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The compensation calculator for this role can be found here
Apply for this Position