As a Commercial SDR Manager, you are a player-coach. As a manager your job is threefold: (1) Lead a team of Commercial SDRs to create qualified opportunities for the sales team, (2) Train other members of your Commercial SDR team, and (3) take on operational and administrative tasks to help your Commercial SDR team perform and exceed expectations. You will be a source of knowledge and best practices amongst the Commercial SDRs, and will help to train, onboard, and mentor new SDRs.
- Train other members of the Commercial SDR Team to identify, contact, and create qualified opportunities.
- Ensure Commercial SDR Team members improve performance and abilities over time by providing coaching and feedback in recurring 1:1s
- Plan for hiring and onboarding new Commercial SDRs.
- Work closely with the Events and Digital teams on Field events and targeted ad and nurture campaigns.
- Work closely with Sales and other members of the SDR Leadership team to improve opportunity management and qualification processes
- Work closely with Sales, Senior SDR Manager, as well as the Commercial Sales Director to identify key company accounts to develop.
- Work in collaboration with Content, Marketing Program Managers, and Product Marketing to develop effective messaging for outbound communications to your team’s assigned accounts.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service for a technical product - leadership experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience in sales operations and/or marketing automation software preferred
- Understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Is your college degree in French foreign politics with a minor in interpretive dance but you’ve been selling and marketing products since you were 12? Perfect. We understand that your college degree isn’t the only thing that prepares you as a potential job candidate.
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Leadership at GitLab
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the SDR Manager for the region they have applied for
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the Senior SDR Manager
- Candidates may be invited to interview with the Senior Director of Revenue Marketing
- Finally, selected candidates may be asked to interview with our CMO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.