Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world discover the best hiking and biking routes, empowering our users to explore more of the great outdoors. And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times—and we are consistently ranked amongst the highest-grossing apps in both Google Play and the App Store.
As we are growing tremendously in new markets, we are looking for a copywriter to join our team. You’ll write the words that will directly inspire millions of outdoor enthusiasts all over world. You’ll use your epic copy skills to elevate our messaging to the next level — and you’ll help establish us as the world-leading source of outdoor information, inspiration and routing.
What will you do:
- Write thrilling copy for all of our external communication channels, from our social media accounts and blog to our newsletters that are read by millions.
- Team up with our brand manager to develop inspiring stories that’ll be shared with cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts around the world.
- Support our marketing and community team with your persuasive copy for ads, advertorials, press releases and stories about our most engaged users.
- Refine our tone of voice, create channel and target group specific content and write concise, easy to understand and engaging copy.
Why you will love it:*
- You’ll write copy that’ll inspire millions of cyclists, hikers and outdoor enthusiasts all over the world. You’ll work on interesting content, stories, posts and materials, adding real value with the words you write.
- You’ll play a key role in shaping our messaging and the way people perceive komoot.
- You’ll be a part of a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel together with our team to amazing outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas, learnings and go for hikes and rides. Our last gathering was in Morocco.
You will be successful in this position if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience in copywriting, generating and writing original copy ideas that grab the attention of the target audience through emails, social media or blog posts.
- Have hands-on experience with brand storytelling and crafting channel and target-group specific copy.
- Have proven knowledge and interest in the cycling and outdoor market and their respective customer segments.
- Possess native level English skills with excellent grammatical, writing and editorial capabilities.
- Have a hands-on attitude, are highly self-driven and have a sharp eye for detail.
Sounds like you?
Then send us the following:
Apply for this Position
- Your CV
- A write-up explaining who you are and why you are interested in working at komoot
- 3 most relevant examples of your work (e.g. blogs, emails, social media, newsletters, etc.)
- Feel free to send us something that shows us a little more about what you’re interested in, be it your Twitter/Instagram account, or your OpenStreetMap profile if you have one
- As we love it when people go the extra mile, you’ll get bonus points for doing something creative with komoot.