At Dataquest, we teach data science to a community of hundreds of thousands of students worldwide. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We’re on a mission to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education and we need a Director of Student Success to help us get there.
You will manage and mentor our support team and engage with students in a variety of communication channels, to include, Slack and social media. You will also help establish a strong community that enables peer-to-peer support and better self-service options for Dataquest students.
Who Should Apply?
We’re seeking a Director of Student Success who will take the lead in evolving how students get the help they need to succeed. You’ll ensure that our business continues to grow by engaging students positively and effectively. You should be passionate about setting team culture, accountability, and also have a knack for creating quality support documentation and processes. The Director of Student Success will have input into the wider company strategy and will coordinate with other teams to improve the student experience.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Develop a student moderated FAQ that will enable peer-to-peer and self-service support.
- Recruit and retain a strong group of student moderators that will provide mentorship and support through community channels.
- Set clear tone and approach guidelines for how we interact with students and mentor the team to ensure these guidelines are being followed to plan.
- Manage the (currently) 3-person support team, to include; 1:1s, performance reviews, and hiring.
- Determine if our current tools help students get the help they need from us and one another.
- Determine student success metrics.
- Identify how student success contributes to overall business initiatives.
- Identify students who could potentially be great members of the internal Dataquest team and work to build a relationship with them for current or future hiring needs.
- Coordinate with other teams to improve account tooling including billing support.
- 3 + years of community management experience.
- 2 + years of people management experience.
- Experience creating client facing help documents.
- Experience creating internal support and process documentation.
- A strong team player -- someone who buys into the mission of serving students and is energized by it.
- Experience formulating strategy, and having input into larger company goals.
- Buy-in to our culture and values.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
Nice To Have:
- Strong data science background with proficiency in Python, SQL, and Command Line.
- Experience troubleshooting tech issues.
- Data engineering knowledge.
- Passion for education and/or education technology.
- Experience working remotely.
Why You Should Work at Dataquest:
Apply for this Position
- Flexible Paid Time Off.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance and 401K (available to US team members).
- The opportunity to see your impact on the lives of our students every day.
- The chance to work with an engaged and mission-driven team.
- The chance to contribute to product direction and decisions.
- The ability to work remotely.
- A supportive environment where you can get help when you run into blockers.