The User Experience (UX) Manager reports to the UX Director.
- Identify improvements for UX design (e.g. look and feel, color, spacing, etc.)
- Hire a world class team of UX Designers
- Help UX Designers grow their skills and experience
- Conducts reviews on Design library and Design system additions
- Hold regular 1:1's with all members of their team
- Create a sense of psychological safety on your team
- Recommend UX technical and process improvements
- Draft quarterly UX OKRs
- Give clear, timely, and actionable feedback
- Improve scheduling process to balance necessary UX improvements
- Works with all parts of the organization (e.g. Backend, Frontend, Build, etc.) to improve overall UX
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially experience with executive-level communications
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years directly managing UX designers and researchers
- Solid visual awareness with understanding of basic design principles like typography, layout, composition, and color theory
- Proficiency with pre-visualization software (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience defining the high-level strategy (the why) and creating design deliverables (the how) based on research.
- Passion for creating visually pleasing and intuitive user experiences.
- Collaborative team spirit with great communication skills
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Open positions with these teams: