At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are looking for an ambitious Investor Relations Manager to join our growing team. The primary mission of Investor Relations (IR) is to work with members of the Elastic senior leadership team to professionally and consistently communicate the company's strategy, growth opportunities and business initiatives to global investors and analysts.
As an Investor Relations Manager, you will be an integral part of the team, participating in and, at times, project managing various processes including: preparing and reviewing the quarterly earnings release and supporting external-facing deliverables; leading the Company’s participation in investor and analyst events such as conferences, meetings, non-deal roadshows; maintaining the relationships with our third-party vendors and coordinating deliverables and logistics for key events; and monitoring analyst research, summarizing analyst estimates and distributing information to senior management on a regular basis.
Reporting to the VP of IR, you will provide reliable and accurate information to members of our senior leadership team, as well as the analyst and investor community, all while rigorously adhering to legal and regulatory guidelines. As a highly collaborative company, you will collaborate with many groups including Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Legal.
What You Will Be Doing
- Support preparation and execution of quarterly earnings, working closely with Finance and multiple departments to gather and assimilate information. Prepare quarterly documents (release, scripts, Q&A, etc.)
- Compile disclosures and data for use by senior management in meetings and discussions with investors, analysts and shareholders
- Collaborate across departments to ensure a consistent corporate image is presented to analysts, institutional investors, individual shareholders, media and all external parties
- Run IR calendar, organization and logistics of investor meetings and materials, conferences, non-deal roadshows, other events
- Review and analyze sell side models to generate consensus model including financial and operational data
- Maintain investor CRM database including updating all meeting data and information
- Manage IR website
- Be a great partner to our third-party vendors while coordinating deliverables and logistics for key events
- Complete relevant company and / or market analysis items for IR or senior management
Experience & Skills
- 3-5+ years of experience in investor relations, finance, FP&A, as a sell side analyst or other Wall Street position
- Technology experience is required; Software experience is preferred
- Keen intellect, unquestioned ethics, a sense of urgency and the ability to simultaneously execute on both tactical and strategic projects with the ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software; familiarity with IR focused software/tools preferred
- Remarkable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to simplify complex information
- Presentation abilities and the desire to grow these
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Some travel required
If that's you, hopefully you also have
- Ability to develop and interpret financial statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow), quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
- Understanding of Reg FD and other SEC disclosure rules and regulations
- Understanding of GAAP accounting practices
- Understanding of valuation and modeling techniques used by investors and analysts
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Advanced communications skills (written and oral) and relationship skills
- Ability to represent the company at investor meetings/conferences as required
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: Mountain View, CA or New York, NY.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.