The engineering team at Catch Co works together to build a digital platform that serves as the foundation for running and scaling all aspects of our fishing subscription box, Mystery Tackle Box, and our e-commerce site, Karl's Bait and Tackle. Examples of past and current projects include migrating off legacy platforms, scaling up our custom subscription service with distributed production systems, and building internal tools to improve business processes.
What makes this a special opportunity:
- In this role, you'll be leading quality assurance and testing within a small development team.
- We are a dynamic early-stage startup with tons of momentum (ranked #435 on the 2017 Inc. 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies)
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- You will work with and learn from experienced leaders who have a track record of building successful companies
- Work remotely! Other team members work from home throughout the United States.
- Regular “outdoors days” to escape the office and go fishing, hiking, boating, or something else equally as awesome.
We look for a track record of the following:
- Understanding of quality assurance test methodologies, deliverables, processes, strategies, metrics, techniques and the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Testing consumer-facing web sites and applications, across multiple browsers and devices.
- Designing and writing test cases, and executing test cases for functional and regression testing.
- Writing thorough and reproducible bug reports.
- Understanding of automated testing strategies and tools.
- Testing non-UI system components such as relational data (SQL) or API endpoints.
- Quickly obtaining a deep understanding of new domains.
- Staying abreast of current topics and trends in software testing.
- Passion for software testing and technology in general.
- Effectively work remotely during typical business hours; such as comfortable at-home work environment, stable high-speed Internet connection and ability to have daily video chats with your team
What you will do:
- Work closely with a small team of software developers that are empowered to be autonomous and get things done!
- Ensure that software applications conform to business requirements and quality standards; including performance, security and usability
- Create and maintain documentation including test plans, test cases, test data, testing progress and schedules
- Design, document, and establish procedures for analyzing and testing as part of the software development life-cycle (SDLC)
- Recommend and assist in driving improvements at all stages of the product life
- Submit and track production and release issues in our issue tracker
- Perform manual testing of user interfaces, back-end systems, databases, and APIs as needed
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions for automating tests.
- Collaborate with members of the product and engineering team to discuss, architect, and implement solutions.
You must be eligible to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Apply for this Position
- "Take what you need" PTO policy and four additional paid days-off to enjoy the outdoors ("Outdoor Days")
- Medical, dental and vision insurance; We cover 85% of your premium and 50% for dependents
- Health Savings Account