Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Fastly is looking for a passionate Program Manager to develop and coordinate project plans through the Product Lifecycle, across our Product, Engineering and Marketing Organizations, while also partnering with Customer Success, Sales, and front office teams.
The ideal candidate excels at technical planning, facilitation, coordination and communication. They’ll be managing the implementation of multiple software programs/projects, and building transparency within the organization to enable informed prioritization and highlight potential issues.
What You'll Do
- Drive multiple Product and Engineering -led programs/projects’ implementation through full product lifecycle, from development through to go-to-market.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams as primary Program point of contact for communications between engineers, product, UX, marketing, legal, customer success, tech docs, pricing and packaging, and enterprise systems to ensure the release and promotion of quality new features and products
- Collaborates cross-functionally with team leads to define program scope and goals, and forecast completion dates
- Develop high level program/project plans, and use transparency across PMO programs to account for dependencies and impact of programs on current work and the organization as a whole
- Drive progress and communicate program status to all stakeholders
Proactively lead change, identify potential risks, issues, and problems and escalate as appropriate, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles
- Coordinate across teams often using varied project management techniques
- Manage special projects as needed, and support continued improvement of PMO processes
- Build and maintain relationships across organizations, with teams, and individuals
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years relevant experience in Program or Project Management.
- 3+ years of software engineering program/project experience
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and facilitation skills.
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead team initiatives by influence.
- Process and detail oriented, yet comfortable with ambiguity.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of standard project management concepts and practices.
- Works well with others to support shared goals
- Willingness to learn
- Open minded and positive attitude
- Experience working with teams using with various methodologies including Agile practices (XP, Kanban, Scrum) and Waterfall.
- Experience with project management tools like SmartSheets and JIRA.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.