Senior Manager, Professional Services
The Professional Services Engineering group at GitLab is a part of the Customer Success department. Professional Services Engineers have the goal to optimize organization's adoption of GitLab through our professional services, designed to enable other necessary systems in your environment so that customers can move from planning to monitoring.
The Senior Manager of Professional Services will lead the team as well serving as a technical representative leading the direct interaction with the customer’s personnel and project teams by rolling out best practices. This role helps the customer to faster benefit from the GitLab solution and realize business value.
- Lead delivery of consulting, education and implementation services to our customers, overseeing resource management, project delivery and operational success metrics.
- Be accountable for services financial goals and metrics, including revenue, gross margin and utilization.
- Build and scale global service operations (i.e., people, process, systems and tools) to deliver a best-in-class customer experience while building an effective and efficient delivery methodologies
- Own operational metrics, such as time-to-value, customer satisfaction and on-time completion of projects. Prepare revenue forecast and create action plans to address issues
- Manage resource assignments and staffing levels, including recruitment as needed
- Ensure delivery model is focused on quality, cost effective delivery of services, and customer success outcomes
All requirements for the Professional Services Engineer role apply to the Manager, Professional Services role, as the management role will need to understand and participate with the day-to-day aspects of the Professional Services Engineer role in addition to managing the team. Additional requirements include:
- Experienced in and with advanced insight to the GitLab platform
- Experienced in giving and received positive and constructive feedback
- Able to adapt to environmental change and retrospecting on success and failures
- Previous leadership experience is a plus
- Experienced in collaborating with other managers and executing strategies
- Proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting and management
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges
Candidates can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
Qualified candidates for the Senior Manager, Professional Services role will be invited to schedule a screening call with the Customer Success Recruiter.
Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with our Senior Director of Professional Services.
Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with two additional customer success team members for Peer rounds.
Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the Vice President of Customer Success.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Please note that if we are actively hiring for a position, you will see it listed on our jobs page, where all of our current openings are advertised. To apply, please click on the name of the role you are interested in, which will take you to our applicant tracking system (ATS), Greenhouse.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, self-learning, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity and inclusion, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto and guides.
Apply for this Position