Stripe’s infrastructure and suite of APIs powers hundreds of thousands of businesses—from startups to Fortune 500s—in almost every country around the world. From developers and product managers to founders and CFOs, a broad audience interacts with Stripe’s products and uses them to start, run, and scale their companies. Removing the barriers to online commerce helps more new businesses get started, expedites growth for existing companies, and increases economic output and trade globally.
We operate at a significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity ahead, so there is still much to do. Join us and help put the global economy within everyone’s reach.
We are seeking a Sales Development Strategy Manager to join the fast-growing Demand Marketing team. You will own the marketing relationship with the SDR team. With Sales Development as the first line of communication with prospects, this leader will be an example of first-class customer service, and have passion for transforming marketing campaign strategies into revenue generating sales plays that SDR’s will use to qualify leads. You are a passionate marketer who loves to work with sales, and is obsessed with collecting data and getting feedback to ensure that we execute the most effective sales development strategies. This is an opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our company and be responsible for executing key components of our revenue growth strategy.
- Partner with the sales team to ensure success of the sales development initiative for inbound leads
- Partner with Sales operations and marketing operations to ensure that leads flow with campaign metadata to the appropriate SDR’s
- Develop content per segment / campaign / initiative and deliver certified sales plays to the SDR team, by partnering with product marketing, the integrated marketing team, and Sales enablement teams to create talk tracks, sales plays, and email content to ensure high quality / efficient communications.
- Train SDR’s on marketing strategy, content and campaigns
- Understand content effectiveness. Review performance by segment and / or campaign and / or play and make plans for continuous improvement, together with the sales team.
- Develop sales development experiments and track results
- Co-manage resource balancing, team growth and SLA’s. Report on SLA compliance and work with sales to ensure leads are contacted within acceptable time frames
- Facilitate the feedback loop back to marketing on lead quality - both through data and via discussion and provide the feedback in consumable ways to the demand generation team
- Get early reads on campaign effectiveness in driving revenue
- Iterate content and plays based on feedback
- Work with the insights and analytics team to design and implement comprehensive reporting. Together with sales, define performance metrics by which SDRs will be measured (e.g. call/email activity, response rates, leads generated, lead quality, ultimate lead-to-close). Develop aggregate reporting:
- Play effectiveness
- Content effectiveness
- Campaign performance - pipeline and revenue generated by campaign
Experience you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience building and managing a successful SDR program for a B2B SaaS/software company – growth company experience a plus
- Proven track record establishing, achieving, or exceeding measurable goals
- Demonstrated effective communication, business acumen, organizational, and time management skills
- Deep experience using SalesLoft/Salesforce to build and measure sequences. Familiar with working with the lead object in Lightning and writing rules between tools, as well as developing robust reporting and analytics using these tools, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and other, equivalent tools.
- Created sales development processes including prospecting strategy, sales playbooks, and onboarding programs
- Take a data-driven approach to uncover trends and opportunities for improvement
- Foster a culture of high energy, ambition, and continuous improvement on the team
- Experience managing a geographically dispersed SDR team
- You are comfortable communicating at all levels of an organization from executives to project teams
Apply for this position
- An appetite for transforming business from strategy through to execution.
- A personable, outgoing effective communicator
- A passion for creating incredible customer experiences and reaching business goals.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability, with a track record of “test & learn” mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines, multiple partners/ vendors and complexity.
- Excellent team player, who values other views and can earn stakeholder confidence quickly and exert influence.
- Experience and desire for working in a start-up environment, contributing to developing business infrastructure and aggressively scaling a high growth business.