Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last nine years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 195 team members, and we’ve created an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work.
It's with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add a Customer Development Account Representative to our growing Customer Success team. This individual is responsible for the full sales cycle within our customer base, including qualifying leads, setting appointments, negotiating contract terms, and closing the deal. We are seeking driven, sales-minded individuals that are looking for an opportunity to join a high-growth startup, and will be rewarded for performance with uncapped growth opportunity.
Hireology is based in Chicago, but you’ll have the option of working from the comfort of your home as we're targeting individuals based in Milwaukee, WI, Grand Rapids, MI or Columbus, OH. Compensation is competitive, and we offer a full benefits package. We have regular company-wide events, semi-annual team gatherings, and frequent celebrations when we hit our goals.
As the Customer Development Account Representative, you’ll be responsible for:
- Research and qualify potential business opportunities within our established customer base
- Own and drive full sales cycle
- Conduct compelling and engaging product demonstrations via web or in-person
- Meet or exceed sales objectives and quotas (monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Maintain clean records and pipeline in Salesforce.com
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
- Be Driven: As a sales-minded individual, you will develop and execute world-class product demonstrations for each customer to ensure that they understand the value that Hireology will bring to their business. You will have a desire to want to grow professionally and progress in your career.
- Have Great Communication Skills: You will tell Hireology’s story in all types of businesses with all types of owners. You will make sure that you remain transparent throughout the sales process and embrace the needs of the customer. You can create presentations that fit customer needs and present solutions to their challenges.
- Be Eager to Learn: Our product suite, the industries you sell into, recruitment & hiring best practices, and how our solution solves for customer pain points.
- Metrics-Driven: We’re passionate about data and trends. While achieving your monthly, quarterly and annual targets, you can make a plan and stick to it. You ask for help when you need it. And you take accountability.
- You Are Determined: You can overcome barriers in the sales cycle and understand where objections are rooted. You can always find a new angle for a next step.
- Team Player: You will work hand in hand with your Customer Success Managers to identify opportunities, forge relationships and close deals. You recognize how important cross-department relationships are to your success.
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in a Customer Development Account Representative candidate. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Pathological optimism and a can't-lose attitude, with a healthy dose of reality
- A Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3+ years of B2B Sales experience
- Salesforce.com or other comparable CRM experience a plus
- Highly motivated, driven, self-starter
So what can you expect after you apply? You will:
Apply for this Position
- Take a brief true/false survey. Be sure to check your email after you apply.
- Have a phone conversation with someone on our Recruiting team. This is a high-level conversation about you, but also a good opportunity for you to learn more about us.
- Meet with our Customer Success Managers to discuss how your past experiences will enable you to be successful in this role. Be prepared to walk us through your sales experience with examples of how you have done it in the past. No homework or on-the-spot assignments. We just want to see how you would make an impact in this role.
- Take a strategic critical thinking assessment that determines how we can develop you at Hireology.
- Go over your career history and sales style with our Vice President of Customer Success. This will be an opportunity for us to get an idea of how you got to where you are, and if where you want to go lines up with where we are going.
- Provide us with some references. We use our automated reference check system for this, so you just give us some names, they fill out a survey, and we are all set.
- Speak with a member of our senior leadership team. If you have made it this far, just be yourself, and everything will be fine.