Uniregistry Corp., is seeking a Linux System Administrator to join our IT Operations team in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
- Manage and support the needs of Uniregistry’s Registrar server infrastructure system by working directly with other server and service managers to ensure the continued expansion, reliability, and sustainability of the Uniregistry’s service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies.
- Support servers in a mixed operating system environment and work efficiently with our internal technology providers and other operations groups.
- Responsible for software installations, system builds, scripting, and system patching.
- Evaluate new OS releases, test in the lab, and develop templates for production deployments.
- Develop and deploy monitoring solutions to keep our systems running smoothly and develop new automated solutions to support current processes.
- Maintain access control lists, disk storage management, data backup, and recovery.
- Maintain and configure infrastructure tools to monitor and manage the environment health.
- Identify and implement improvements to the process, procedures, documentation, and systems.
- Provides off-hours coverage and support for maintenance during outage windows or planned upgrades.
- Work within a team to enhance and maintain our existing web enterprise platforms.
- Assist with network enhancements and continuous integration.
- Participate in on-call pager rotation as part of a larger team.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Applicants should possess:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Information Systems or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training.
- Expert knowledge of networking and security protocols including LAN/WAN, SNMP, Squid proxies, routing (BGP), VPN, and firewalls (iptables, netfilter).
- 3 years of experience administering Linux in a production environment.
- Experience managing systems and applications in a virtual environment.
- Experience with automating and scripting server builds or other daily task.
- Experienced in database management (Mysql, Postgresql).
- Experience with managing server networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls)
- Sound knowledge of web applications/development with PHP, Python, Ruby, Perl, Apache, Git, etc.
- Sound knowledge of configuration management system Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack, Terraform
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment and able to work with little supervision.
- Proven ability to efficiently diagnose an issue, as well as propose and implement a solution.
- Ability to prioritise and complete projects within deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Domain Name industry experience is considered an asset.
- Experience managing Debian or Ubuntu servers.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- DBA experience.
- Experience with disaster recovery and high availability systems.
- Experience managing systems that use network-based storage solutions (SAN and NAS)
- Experience with account and rights assignments
- Ability to draft and formalise technical documentation.
Additional benefits of working with Uniregistry:
- We offer a relocation package to all new employees to the island!
- We provide our team members with fresh, local, organic gourmet breakfast and lunch.
- We pay 100% of the medical premiums for our team members and 50% premiums for their dependents.
- Matching pension plan.
- Onsite gym!
- Warm, and inviting work space with ergonomic desks that can raise and lower to maintain optimal health in an office environment.
Learn more: https://www.themuse.com/companies/uniregistry
Apply for this Position