Help us scale our trademark, copyright, and domain team!
Stripe provides tools that make it easier for businesses and entrepreneurs all over the world to start and grow their businesses. We work on some of the hardest technical, business, and regulatory problems around, and we're looking for an amazing IP lawyer to join our IP team. In this role you will work with talented people throughout the company to help develop and protect Stripe's intellectual property, and will deal with a diverse set of matters that straddle financial services, business processes, and technology.
- Counsel on the development, acquisition, and protection of all forms of intellectual property at Stripe, with an emphasis on trademarks, copyrights, and domains.
- Help prepare and prosecute US and international trademark applications and copyright registrations, making judicious use of outside counsel.
- Perform trademark clearance work for new product launches.
- Lead US and international trademark oppositions, cancellations, and UDRP proceedings. Negotiate co-existence agreements and assist with trademark-related disputes.
- Provide advice and training on copyright matters, particularly those related to Stripe Press, Increment, and Indie Hackers.
- Work closely with other members of Stripe’s legal and risk teams to investigate and act on notices received as part of to Stripe’s IP Notice policy.
- Support IP matters relating to M&A.
- Identify and solve complex legal problems related to Stripe's IP strategy.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 7+ years’ experience as a US trademark attorney. In-house experience a big plus.
- Admission to practice law in one or more US states.
- Strong organization and project management skills with the ability to work well on both long and short-term projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The person we want to hire for this role will also be:
- A team player who is willing to pitch in where needed in a fast-paced, growing company.
- Decisive, and capable of making smart decisions in the face of ambiguity and imperfect information.
- An exceptionally hard worker, capable of getting things done.
- Passionate about Stripe’s mission of helping businesses grow and thrive.
- Please provide a resume and LinkedIn profile.
Apply for this Position