Do you love the flexibility and freedom of working remote, but want to make sure you're a valued member of a small team whose voice will be heard? Do you know Django and React like the back of your hand?
Get in touch!
Designlab is looking for a talented full-stack developer to help us improve and expand our rapidly-growing online education platform. We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their design skills and changed careers by taking our award-winning online courses.
You'll never get bored, because you'll be exposed to a wide range of exciting work with us, including but not limited to: customer-facing features to support our global student & mentor base; tools to augment the superpowers of our internal team; workflows to improve payments, dev ops, and other critical processes; and growth/marketing-related experiments.
If you're a pro with Python/Django on the back-end and React on the front-end, you'll feel right at home with our stack.
- Care about details, never hesitate to ask clarifying questions, and proactively anticipate corner cases
- Care about writing clean, well-documented, high performance code
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Have experience building and deploying entire web applications from scratch
- Have 5+ years of experience working with Django
- Have 5+ years of experience working with a front-end application framework
- Have experience building applications with React/Redux
- Work directly with our co-founder/CTO and our small engineering team to augment our software development efforts.
- Participate in code reviews on PRs -- we care about readability, consistency, and generally shipping great code that works
- Ship early and often — add exciting new features and investigate/fix critical bugs in the web application that powers our popular online courses.
- Improve the codebase by constantly looking for places to make things faster, cleaner, clearer.
- Work from anywhere!
- Set your own work schedule
- Play an important role on a talented, mission-driven team building a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
This role is part-time up to 20 hours per week.
Apply for this Position