Elastic (NYSE: ESTC) is a search company with a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the creators of the Elastic Stack, we help thousands of organizations including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, Verizon, and many more use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We have a distributed team of Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting), and our diverse open source community spans over 100 countries. Learn more at elastic.co
As the Sourcing Analyst, you will be the 3rd person on our small, but mighty Sourcing team. Given this, you will assist the global sourcing activities associated with Corporate Services spend categories, including supplier strategy development and coordination of activities to ensure that cost and requirements are met. This is a role where you will get support from our Director, Strategic Sourcing and Strategic Sourcing Manager as you need, and help drive the organization to be more successful.
What You Will Be Doing
- Owning analytics of our Strategic Sourcing team across a wide variety of spend categories which include but are not limited to Engineering, IT, Consulting, Contingent/Temp Labour, Outsourcing, HR, Travel, Events, Marketing, Legal, and Facilities. This will ultimately translate into making our organization more successful by tracking results, building valuable reports, and providing insights for our team.
- Assisting our Sourcing Managers with the purchasing process will be meaningful. Some tasks you will perform include researching suppliers capabilities, assisting with the development of request for proposal (RFP) documents, performing pricing analysis, and in some cases negotiating with suppliers and/or working with business partners to build RFP requirements.
- Spend and cost reports is something you will need to build to help us identify cost trends (i.e. consolidation of spend to one supplier, reduction of supplier tail spend, etc.).
- Visualizations: you will build reports that help our business partners and leaders quickly identify trends in spend and opportunities for supplier negotiations.
- You will support the Sourcing team with system and process implementation and continuous improvement ideas (i.e. streamlining the contracting or buying process).
What You Bring Along
Apply for this Position
- 3-5 years of business experience with strong knowledge of data analytics
- 1-2 years experience negotiating business and legal terms and/or implementing Procure 2 Pay (P2P) systems or process
- Expert-level ability to craft queries and build views using data from multiple tables and sources
- Expert at analyzing data in complex databases in order to draw data driven conclusions
- Advanced knowledge of Spreadsheets (pivots, macros, etc.) and BI tools
- Interest and passionate about technology, software, and sourcing
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Prior experience working in operations: we value business metrics.
- You value autonomy. You have a strong personal sense of time management and don’t need a lot of oversight to get the job done.
- You are curious and data driven: asking questions and seeking answers is part of who you are, and using your creative and rare skills to help guide and direct an organization excites and motivates you.