Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Manager, Site Reliability Engineering - Edge Cloud
The Site Reliability Engineering Manager will support and nurture a team of talented engineers responsible for managing change, and building the platform to automate it, on Fastly’s edge cloud infrastructure. The Edge Cloud SRE team is responsible for the development of self-service deployment capabilities on Fastly’s cache fleet that is reliable, safe, sustainable and secure.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Enhance and evolve the tools that Fastly engineers use to build our edge cloud platform
- Lead and retain a team of high performers to ensure their success and retention in a rapidly growing and distributed organization
- Iterate on improvements to engineering best practices in a collaborative environment
- Partner with multiple engineering functions in the company to drive alignment in standards for infrastructure and deployment automation
- Partner with our network and data center teams to plan the growth and operations of caches
- Manage the resolution of production degradation and security incidents
- Align priorities with account managers and project managers to keep Fastly’s customers delighted
What We're Looking For
- Exceptional technical and non-technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience leading the development of platform solutions
- Proven success working with teams building distributed systems
- Significant experience working with globally distributed teams
- Ability to nurture and support a strong service ownership culture
- High level of organization with a proven ability to prioritize, manage, budget, and deliver on time
- Familiarity with tools and open source technologies like Git, Jenkins, Chef, Prometheus, Graphite
- Candidates must be in a timezone proximate to GMT
- Ability to travel periodically for engineering off-site engineering gatherings
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Our customers have a tremendous user base, and we support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their hearts with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is part of our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not “one size fits all”. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they’re passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.