Customer Operations Engineers at Mesosphere act as the escalation point and troubleshooting resource for operations teams around the globe. From responding to datacenter outages, to providing operational and infrastructural advice, we’re here to make sure that our customers are successful with DC/OS and associated technologies.
Do you have a passion for troubleshooting and love digging into complex issues that may be brand new? Does a day filled with tasks ranging from digging into source code or evaluating a network stack to testing customer configurations or replicating deployment issues sound like a good time? Does understanding how things work, or why they don't, sound fun to you? If the answer is yes, please apply!
We are specifically looking for people who live in the US. This is a remote position but no matter where you work, you'll have opportunities to travel, meet, and work with some of the brightest minds in cloud and distributed computing.
- You can provide an awesome customer support experience for all our users and enjoy working with customers to triage DC/OS problems in both cloud based and on premise network environments.
- You can research, identify, reproduce and document bugs in the product.
- You enjoy educating customers on best practice materials for all aspects of DC/OS.
- You should advocate the customer’s perspective during product and architecture planning while also thinking outside your role to improve our company and product.
- You will work directly with Field Operations (Sales, Account Management) to process, defect and feature requests encountered during adoption and retention efforts.
- You can take personal areas of expertise and make them your own; when not working directly with the customer, we frequently write blog posts, documentation, and tooling.
- Above all, you are an enthusiastic teammate who can communicate well, and is eager to learn and help others.
Experience & Skills
- Cloud infrastructure and deployment (Amazon, Azure, Google, etc)
- Unix/Linux system administration
- Docker, UCR, or other containerization technologies
- Root cause analysis
- Networking fundamentals (DHCP, DNS, HTTP, TCP, etc)
- Ticketing systems experience (JIRA, Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)
Apply for this Position
- Experience with Apache Mesos
- Experience with large production deployments
- Experience with scalable, distributed, and highly available systems
- Experience with remote work
- Experience in a support engineering role
- Experience with Cassandra, Spark, ELK stack, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, TensorFlow, HDFS, etc
- You are involved with other Open Source projects