NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES
Location: Republic of Ireland - working from home
Due to continued business growth this is a fantastic opportunity for a talented DevOps Engineer to join our managed services team. You will be part of a fast-paced, innovative startup working with a highly visionary team looking after critical systems leveraging best of breed technology across a variety of infrastructures.
Our business involves managing data platforms architected to store large volumes of data deployed across distributed infrastructures. We provide expertise in technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, Apache Spark and a variety of complementary technologies. Our approach to engineering is to automate everything as well as instrumenting the systems to provide a 24x7 always on deployment.
This role focuses on managing our client’s distributed data platforms by providing high quality services and keeping the lights on. The engineer will be working with a variety of customers from social media platforms to banking systems. The role will require on-call work on a rota basis to help manage customer's environments and support internal systems.
This role is based out of the Republic of Ireland and involves working from home and remotely with a DevOps team that is distributed across the EU. The candidate must be comfortable working and communicating over instant messenger, slack etc.. and video communications.
- Several years automation experience with hands on Ansible experience.
- Knowledge and experience (3+ years) with running Linux infrastructure. Should be familiar with Linux internals including Linux kernel, filesystem and network configuration and tuning.
- Good understanding of networking technologies including TCP/IP fundamentals, load balancing technologies and principles, DNS, DHCP, routing etc.
- Good understanding of security and complementary technologies e.g. VPN, LDAP, SSL etc..
- Experience supporting internet facing platforms and associated technologies such as Apache HTTPD, Nginx, node.js etc..
- Coding experience with one or more of the following languages - C, C++, Golang, Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, Rust
- Experience deploying and operating Java applications
- Hands-on experience with the following technologies (or similar) including implementation and configuration:
- Configuration management Technologies such as Puppet, Chef but preferably Ansible
- Monitoring and alerting systems such as Nagios, Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog or similar
- Strong scripting skills - BASH, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Experience of at least one cloud providers – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Apache Kafka
- Apache Cassandra
- HashiCorp stack - Consul, Terraform, Vault etc..
- Containerisation and Virtualisation technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, KVM, VMWare
- AWS/GCP Certified
Apply for this Position
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.