The DevOps Support Escalation Engineer – Tier III is a key member of the Thycotic Technical Support Global Escalation Team. This individual will support multiple DevOps & Cloud products and work closely with team experts from the Development and Cloud operations departments to solve highly escalated issues for the worldwide support team. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required to interact effectively with our worldwide customers and internal stakeholders.
This position will report to the Global Escalation Manager and ideally be based in our DC office; however strong remote candidates may be considered.
- Analyze escalated customer issues and provide solutions to address their needs including debugging, troubleshooting and owning all escalated issues until a resolution is provided
- Communicate highly technical and complex issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the rest of the Escalation Team members to meet SLA and customer requirements
- Provide team mentoring and product leadership
- Create technical content for team and customer use
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other related field a must
- 5+ years of software consulting, customer service, and/or support experience required
- Prior DevOps experience
- Familiarity with some of these open source technologies: Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker/Containers etc.
- Proficiency with a scripting language such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, or Ruby
- Familiarity with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet (prior working experience a big plus)
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS) a must
- Ability to identify and communicate product gaps, resource/tooling gaps, and documentation gaps so they can be addressed
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal (English) communication, written and presentation skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with team members from different cultures and other regions
- Highly motivated, “can do” attitude that adapts well under pressure
- Ability to work on-call weekend rotations and some holidays
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.
Apply for this Position