Who We Are
Settle is a FinTech company on a mission to help small and medium businesses thrive by taking the worry out of cash flow management. We’re building software making it super easy for finance teams to track, pay, and reconcile invoices. We pair that with lending products to offer our customers the power and flexibility to choose who, when, and how to pay their customers.
Our small but growing team (<10 engineers today) was founded in San Francisco along with an engineering hub in Lviv, Ukraine. We’re building a fully distributed team and support you working from where you are. We're well funded with backing by Founder’s Fund, Max Levchin's SciFi Ventures and others. We provide competitive benefits, compensation, and equity. We're looking for motivated engineers who are eager to build something from scratch to delight our customers!
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with our backend and frontend engineers to establish the foundations upon which our product is built.
- Implement best-in-breed infrastructure for development, testing, deployment, and serving of our Rails and React services and applications.
- Oversee monitoring, alerting, and redundancy tooling to promote the stability and performance of our core product.
- Develop processes and implement tooling to ensure rock solid security across our technology and storage.
What We Look For
- DevOps fundamentals plus real-world experience. 3+ years of industry experience preferred. Today we use github, docker, circleci, and heroku amongst other tools. Prior experience with these is great, but not a requirement.
- Infrastructure design. You have a good grasp on the available options and industry bests for developing and serving software. This gives you the confidence to have “strong opinions, weakly held” and the humility to keep researching and listening to others.
- Adaptability. We’re a startup and the needs of the day can change quickly. You’re someone that loves to jump into a new problem, learn what’s needed, and solve it.
- Developer-experience mentality. You care about your users, aka your coworkers. You strive to understand their needs, streamline their work and help them be productive.
- Leadership. With rapid growth, we need and expect everyone to be a leader. You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown. You hold yourself and others to a high bar. You enjoy mentoring and growing other engineers.
- Must be a resident of United States