Software Developers are a key part of Alley’s team. Each developer will be deeply and personally involved in several client projects, and will work collaboratively with other members of the Alley team and with the client's principals as well.
Our developers need to be well-rounded technologists who have a holistic understanding of the web technology stacks that we work with, but who can also interface with clients in a professional and intelligent way.
We're not looking for rockstars, ninjas, zombies, or pirates. We're looking for smart, creative, resourceful developers who want to work with impressive clients and who take pride in their work.
We recognize several levels of seniority and experience for developers, and tie compensation and responsibility to this. We are looking for all levels of developers for this position.
- WordPress is a key part of our technology landscape, as areReact,Node.js, andwebpack. You should be experienced with some of them, or ready to learn them and be able to demonstrate your ability to do so.
- Alley prides itself on its ability to address unusual, novel, and complex problems that deal with the intersection of technology, business, and content production.
- You should understand and be able to discuss web technologies and systems conceptually, and be able to demonstrate that you can learn a new language, technology stack, or framework quickly and on demand.
- You should feel comfortable at aUnix command line, even if you aren't an expert.
- You must know your way aroundgitand understand version control well, and be able to carry out typical operations with it, including branching, merging, submitting code for peer review, and reviewing your peers’ code yourself.
- We applyScrumas a development methodology, and broadly endorseAgileas a philosophy. You must be open to working this way as well, and prior experience is a plus.
- You should also have very strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to wield them with both team members and clients.
- Discipline concerning delivery dates, stylistic appreciation of what makes code good and readable, and a positive attitude about documentation, tickets, and issue tracking, are all very important "soft skills" for our developers to have.
Apply for this Position