The Mozilla IT Service Engineering group is looking for an exceptional frontend engineer, with a strong collaborative streak, to join a new team focused on providing development resources across a number of different projects. This team will be delivering across several domains, including subscription services, identity and access management, community facing web streaming, and employee related productivity applications. Are you passionate about working on services and platforms that fundamentally impact the way Mozilla works? Do you enjoy working in an environment where you'll be able to contribute to multiple projects at a time? Do you want the opportunity to learn new technologies and grow your career? If so, we would love to talk to you about how you can help us.
At Mozilla you will…
- Work closely with UI/UX designers, product managers, and engineering teams to define and build new front end experiences, based on the needs of our community, our customers, and our employees. Are you excited at having autonomy and the ability to translate product needs into reality?
- Be a subject matter expert in the area of front end engineering for IT and bring that knowledge to other parts of the organization. You’re comfortable with working in teams that are both technical and non-technical, helping them in their journey to delight their customers
- Improve existing user experiences, provide new functionality, and make our application experiences awesome. You're a front end engineer with a real passion for building exceptional applications
- Embed in product delivery teams to provide capacity when needed on a project by project basis. While your home will be on the IT team, you'll find yourself involved in multi-functional teams delivering new products and features outside across the company
Your Professional Profile
- 5+ years of software development experience, shipping code at Internet scale
- Fluent in web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Have a working understanding of web accessibility
- Experience with Python and frameworks like Django is desirable
- Worked in an Agile fashion, using Scrum, Kanban, or similar iterative delivery methodology
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Capable of balancing multiple projects with competing priorities with great autonomy
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply for this Position