We are looking for talented and motivated engineers to join our team as a full time employee and hit the ground running to take our products to the next level. Our products help multinational corporations and financial institutions monitor and analyze the risks of their customers, counter-parties, and vendors. We are a company on a mission to bring more transparency and integrity to the international finance system.
You should apply if you:
- Are motivated to solve problems for the team and its customers.
- Value working with a diverse, creative, and thoughtful group of highly-motivated people.
- Work constructively within a distributed team to achieve goals.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment where things can and will change.
More benefits of Sigma:
- Informal working environment and fun company culture
- Your choice of laptop (anything equivalent to a retina MacBook Pro)
- Personal learning budget
- Rotation system available in order to facilitate working from our NYC office (or any additional office we open up) once a year.
In this role you will:
- Develop customer-facing applications and APIs [for/to deliver/to expose] the machine learning and big data solutions from our data team.
- Build and maintain our core platform and infrastructure.
- Build and maintain new and existing core infrastructure and customer-facing applications.
- Provide team guidance by supporting junior engineers and raising development standards by example.
- Empower the team through mentorship and positive examples of development standards.
Geography We prefer candidates who are within 5 hours of Eastern Standard Time (EST) however we will consider candidates who are up to 8 hours away. However we would expect staggering of schedule to better overlap with our existing team.
- Experience continuously delivering containerized software to production in a public cloud. (Bonus points for AWS or Kubernetes.)
- Experience with and understanding of relational databases. Bonus points for experience with Postgres Full Text Search.
- Experience utilizing automated testing, continuous integration and delivery tools (CI/CD) and Docker to deploy services.
- The ability to evaluate trade-offs between: business vs. technical value, velocity vs. technical debt, etc.
- Comfort with collaborative decision-making and continuous, constructive feedback in a team setting.
- Continuous interest in learning and finding better tools for the job, from functional programming to web assembly.
$40,000 to $60,000 with Equity
Apply for this Position
- Americas, Europe, Africa or anywhere within 5 hours of EST