This position is remote based in EMEA.
You love talking about GitLab to people and no question or challenge is too big or small. You have experience working directly with prospects in order to answer questions on getting started with a technical product. Your job is to make sure our prospects are successful, from the single-shop development firm all the way up to our Fortune 500 customers, and that everyone gets the appropriate level of support.
- Identify and create new qualified opportunities from inbound MQLs from mid-market and unknown sales segments
- Be able to identify where a prospect is in the sales and marketing funnel and nurture appropriately
- Participate in documenting all processes in the handbook and update as needed with our business development manager
- Be accountable for your lead data and prospecting activities, log everything, take notes early and often
- Enhance prospective customer GitLab trial experiences through tailored and timely outreach
- Engage in conversations with prospective GitLab customers via live chat Speed to lead; maintain 1 day SLA for all contact requests
- Discretion to qualify and disqualify leads when appropriate
- Develop and execute nurture sequences
- Work to introduce more Core users to our subscription offerings, influence usage adoption
- Work closely with sales to identify new pain points to gain a better understanding of the benefits of Ultimate
- Strategize with our business development manager to develop the proper qualifying questions for all types of customers
- Experience in sales or client success in a software/tech company is preferred
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service
- Experience with CRM and/or marketing automation software
- An understanding of B2B software, Open Source software, and the developer product space is preferred
- Affinity for software and knowledge of the software development process
- Ability to carefully listen
- You are obsessed with making customers happy. You know that the slightest trouble in getting started with a product can ruin customer happiness.
- Passionate about technology and learning more about GitLab
- Be ready to learn how to use GitLab and Git
- Start part-time or full-time depending on situation
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- If in EMEA, fluency in spoken and written German and/or other European languages is preferred
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates receive a short questionnaire from one of our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with the Business Development Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an interview with the Director of Sales Development
- Candidates will be invited to schedule a third interview with our CMO
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with our CEO
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position