This position is remote, based in North America.
The GitLab Content PR Manager will help GitLab build thought leadership and drive awareness. This position is responsible for working with the Senior PR Manager on developing and overseeing the public relations content strategy, which includes contributed articles and award submissions.
The GitLab Content PR Manager is a highly creative, self-motivated person who loves to write and create content. They have experience building and engaging audiences across a variety of channels and content formats, and employ empathy and respect for the audience. They are able to put themselves in the shoes of others in order to understand their needs, pain points, preferences, and ambitions and translate that into thought provoking articles and award wins.
- Design contributed article content calendar
- Manage award submission process
- Create content for contributed articles, award submissions and occasional CFP submissions
- Work closely with GitLab’s PR agency to identify contributed article and award opportunities
- Manage content production from start to finish
- Research and write contributed articles on technical and thought leadership topics
- Research and write company award submissions
- Work with subject matter experts to gather source material and technical expertise
- Develop a deep understanding of our corporate and product messaging
- Translate messaging into engaging thought leadership narratives
- Copywriting and copyediting as needed
- Keep award tab of press page updated
- Measure our contributed article and award successes in relation to awareness and impact
- Some travel to tradeshows and GitLab hosted-events
- 5+ years PR or Content writing experience
- Degree in marketing, journalism, communications or a related field
- Experience writing about enterprise software, open source technologies, or related technology topics
- A natural storyteller with outstanding written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent researcher with a strong ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Familiarity with the content pillar concept
- Strong communication skills without fear of over communication
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Proven ability to be self-directed and work with minimal supervision
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Bonus: A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our mission
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find her/his job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with one of our Global Recruiters
- Candidates will submit 2-3 writing samples
- Next, candidates will be invited to 3 45-minute interviews: first with our Senior PR Manager, then a Content Marketing Manager, then a team interview, and finally with a Senior Marketing Director
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45-minute interview with our CMO
- Finally, our CEO may choose to conduct a final interview
- Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Apply for this Position