For all of us at Elastic, community is core to our company identity. Our users and contributors have helped to ensure that Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats are more than just code — they are open source projects that people love to use, and love to talk about!
Community is part of the Engineering team. As the team grows, rapidly, we are searching for an expert leader to provide management, mentorship, and vision globally. The Head of Community is responsible for the overall success of community efforts globally. They work closely with Engineering Team Leads and senior Product Managers to ensure there is alignment to a consistent global strategy while enabling their team to enjoy the freedom to experiment in their execution.
Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. Our team is a dynamic and rapidly growing group of advocates and program managers based all around the world, covering a multitude of countries and timezones.
What you will be doing:
Management & Mentorship. Mentor and lead a distributed team of Team Leads, Community Advocates, and Program Managers globally. Recognise and develop individuals’ talents and skills, and ensure there are sustainable structures in place for growth.
Strategic Leadership. Build and implement a Community Strategy alongside partners in Engineering, Sales and Marketing to forge the future of Elastic.
Partnerships. Both internally with other leaders and team, and externally with like-minded technologies and groups, to advocate for the community and to highlight, and promote, Elastic’s community approach.
Team-environment. This role will actively foster a culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and consensus-based decision-making. We will support you in that endeavour.
Fast-paced, sustainable growth. Plan team capacity, help drive recruitment of high quality people during an era of rapid growth.
What you will bring along:
- Community building is fundamental to your identity.
- You are a strategic thinker and lead with agility and humility. A respectful, communicative leader who has a passion for developing others in the team.
- Experience with open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
- Comfort making data-enhanced decisions, including financial management and budgeting.
- Proven ability to craft compelling content about technology or demonstrated ability to guide those doing so.
- Familiarity with, and a real passion for, the Elastic Stack.
- Experience working for a startup or an early stage company.
- Comfort working with, and managing, a highly distributed team.
- Experience with application search, log analytics, or security analytics is deeply valuable.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
At Elastic, we strive to have parity of benefits across regions. While regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of people is the right thing to do.
- Health coverage for you and your family.
- Flexible location and schedule for many roles.
- Generous number of vacation days each year.
- Double your charitable giving — we match up to 1% of your salary.
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position