15Five is seeking an experienced Business Analytics Manager with deep expertise in reporting, data analytics and data visualization. Working as an integral member of 15Five’s Operations team, this person will help define and shape our data strategy for our customers; internal and external. They will influence product strategy and they will analyze data to help forecast our sales strategy. It is important that this person is a proactive communicator that has a knack for taking issues/insights and bringing people together to solve problems or improve the current state. S/he is a strong “big picture” thinker who can also operate effectively on a tactical level.
Our Business Analytics Manager has strong analytical skills with a proven track record of developing impactful data visualizations, surfacing actionable insights, and engaging teams with analysis leading to data-informed decisions. They thrive working with the building blocks of data, data relationships, and data aggregations. They enjoy building out data analytics and business intelligence solutions using data visualization tools.
As a high growth company, with more growth ahead of us, there is a lot of complexity and ambiguity. We are looking for someone who is excited by this challenge and the opportunity to help define this role further within the team, and the organization as a whole. This is a highly cross-functional role that will work closely with our Product, Sales and Marketing, Service and Support, Operations, and Implementation teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- You will own defining and reporting of KPIs to understanding of the trends and drivers within them. Identify issues we need to understand better and structure deep-dives to uncover actionable insights on them, for example why volumes are trending up, or why drivers of efficiency are trending down
- You will need to be able to navigate the unstructured and undefined data infrastructure to join together relevant data from multiple sources in a way that sheds light on customer behaviors and interactions
- You will support our Enablement team to build a more robust data foundation around the customer rather than around individual transactions/events
- Create/Design intuitive data visualizations to enhance cognitive understanding of the underlying data. Determine the best means of expression.
- Use design principles to explain complex statements and concepts, ensure consistency of analytic data products
- Identify and suggest actions/responses to information presented
- Design interfaces for exploring information to increase customer engagement.
- As appropriate, leverage advanced chart types: graphs/networks, live view event visualization, maps, etc.
DESIRED IMPACT BY THE THREE MONTH MARK:
- Complete 15Five’s new-hire onboarding and job-specific training for the business analytics role
- Identify needs for your team and role and build our your OKRs for the quarter
- Identify key stakeholders in each department and have an assessment of their data needs with recommendations for improvement
- Identify and evaluate a short-list of data visualization/BI tools
DESIRED IMPACT BY THE SIX MONTH MARK:
- Identify common reporting patterns to automate and streamline custom reporting engagements by optimizing the analytics project flow and establishing best practices with respect to visualizations and data pipelines
- Capture, synthesize and share feedback with the product and senior leadership teams to help inform and shape our roadmap
- Engage and advise teams on how to leverage data available from our tools to build out their desired metrics
- Implement selected data visualization/BI Tool
DESIRED IMPACT BY THE TWELVE MONTH MARK:
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in business processes; assess results and refine
- Onboard and mentor new team members
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 5+ years with designing, building and automating key metrics with a BI tool that drives storytelling. Awareness of design concepts related to chart forms, white space, and the use of color
- Previous experience in Revenue/Sales Operations, Marketing Operations, Customer Success/Customer Operations (SaaS industry a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to interact with non-technical teams and run technical discovery processes; a vocal and proactive partner to stakeholders guiding their line of questioning rather than fulfilling requests
- Experience consulting clients and creating/presenting implementation strategies to address their business objectives
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve in ambiguous environments and create structure and process improvements where necessary
- Experience in business analysis and business process improvement preferably in a hyper growth environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation/storytelling skills
- Process documentation expertise
- Excellent project management skills; the ability to manage many diverse workflows and BI implementations at once
- Experience mentoring, managing and/or growing a team
- Experience working cross-functionally and partnering with other departments
15 FIVE UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES
- Openness to vulnerability, self-reflection and receiving radically candid feedback to grow personally and professionally
- Curious and committed to innovation and continuous learning and growth
- Self-motivated, self-responsible and self-accountable
A pioneer in the new generation of employee feedback, engagement and performance tools, 15Five is backed by Point Nine Capital and Matrix Partners. With headquarters in San Francisco and offices in New York and Raleigh, we’ve built a world class company culture that is reinventing how companies listen to their employees and help them be their best selves at work. Some of our customers include Citrix, Indeed, Etsy, HubSpot, Spotify, Warby Parker and 1,600+ more. We take pride in building a company and product that materially improves people’s lives, whether they’re an employee or a customer.
We’re excited to continue building out a diverse team that prioritizes inclusivity and celebrates everyone’s unique identity. Check out these links to learn more about what’s important to us.
How we work
Our people and culture
Apply for this Position