This position is remote, based in North America.
As a Digital Media Producer, you will help tell the story of GitLab through its team members, user community, customers, partners and tech stakeholders. Using digital media, we evangelize all aspects of GitLab, from the product to company culture, and support our owned events along with those that we sponsor. The digital production team is a highly collaborative one, working closely and cross-functionally with GitLab team members across business units along with external thought leaders. We are an incredibly fast-paced team that works with personal autonomy, thanks to our remote work culture, to meet tight deadlines. The ability to communicate well, both written and verbally, is paramount to success in this role. We are looking for a highly organized, personable, resourceful and creative producer that is passionate and can work independently, while taking ownership of their assignments. Exceptional project and time management skills are a must.
- Liaise with internal teams to assist with pre- and post-production for GitLab branded audio and video projects and events, including but not limited to Contribute, Connect events, Commit user conference, Technical Evangelism, Community Evangelism, Employment branding, sales enablement, social, and livestreams.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of productions, including but not limited to scouting locations, talent, and crew.
- Support integrated marketing campaigns, events, and initiatives via audio and video projects.
- Write and/or edit treatments and scripts for multimedia packages.
- Pitch ideas for customer and user stories as well as promotional videos.
- Assist with the management of GitLab YouTube channels.
- Bachelor’s Degree or extensive training in broadcast journalism, film & television, or audio/video production
- 3+ years of production experience and at least 1 year of marketing experience
- Must be a creative self-starter with exceptional multimedia storytelling skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Highly collaborative. This role will require effective collaboration across multiple teams, organizations, and individuals.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Basic video editing skills
- Podcasting experience a plus
- Ability to travel about 40% of the time
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- BONUS: A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our mission
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Apply for this Position