Remote | travel required
We’re hiring a Lead, Customer Success for Onboarding & Adoption whose mission will be to drive delivery business value to our customers while leading and serving a team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs).
If you are an experienced Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Customer Success or Customer Experience professional with demonstrable ability managing a team to drive customer business outcomes through user adoption of SaaS applications, Decisiv’s Vice President of Customer Success wants to hear from you.
As the Lead, Customer Success – Onboarding & Adoption, you will be the driving force behind our team of CSMs who help our customers achieve the desired business outcomes that led them to Decisiv’s products. Plus, you’ll be part of the fastest customer and user expansion Decisiv has undertaken, a critical part of successfully maturing and scaling Onboarding & Adoption processes and operations. In this role, you will report to Decisiv’s Vice President of Customer Success and will be his trusted lieutenant in maturing and scaling Customer Success at Decisiv.
WHO YOU ARE
To be successful in this role, you should be passionate about things like:
- Process Driven – designing Onboarding and Adoption processes that scale while also achieving the highest level of adoption for each Decisiv customer and their end users.
- Data Informed – building data collection and analysis into processes to inform decisions
- Customer Empathy – understanding end users, their responsibilities, their business challenges, and how they view technology and process changes
- Organizational Change Management – Helping people and organizations change for the better
- Hands-On – enjoying “getting hands dirty” by digging into complex operations
- Problem Solving – breaking down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and thinking through optimal solutions
- Organization & Diligence – crossing the T’s and dotting the I’s
ABOUT DECISIV’S CUSTOMER SUCCESS TEAM
Our remote-first Customer Success team is a group of self-starters who work remotely just as well as we do in-person. Our size means you’ll have ample opportunities to contribute to the future of our company while expanding your own skills. You’ll learn a lot here, and we want to learn from you. And while we will expect a lot from you, we also value your life outside of work and strive to offer an environment that affords time to recharge.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
You will be leading a team of CSMs to drive delivery of customer business value through onboarding and adoption activities while working closely with the VP of Customer Success to mature and scale Decisiv’s Customer Success operations. Some of your responsibilities will include:
Optimizing and Scaling Onboarding & Adoption Team Processes and Operations:
- efining and overseeing standardized customer lifecycle processes and touchpoints
- Creating a standardized Customer Success playbook and related materials (e.g., Success Plan templates) by customer segment and lifecycle stage
- Achieving operational excellence within the Onboarding & Adoption Team
Driving Delivery of Customers’ Desired Business Outcomes:
- Finding ways for CSMs to deeply understand our customers’ business challenges, their desired business outcomes, and ways to help them address both
- Defining, driving, and demonstrating the business value of Decisiv’s products and connecting that value to customers’ desired business outcomes
- Methodically managing escalations from your direct reports, other Decisiv teams, and customers
Owning OKRs and Other Metrics for Your Team:
- Creating models and reporting mechanisms for things like customer health score, customer risk early warning system (e.g., product fit; onboarding; engagement/abandonment; customer sentiment), and team-internal financial and performance models
- Supporting company and Customer Success OKRs and aligning Onboarding & Adoption OKRs and metrics to both
- Regularly reporting on Onboarding & Adoption metrics to the VP, Customer Success
- Routinely reviewing OKRs and other metrics with your team
Recruiting, Coaching, and Managing the Onboarding & Adoption Team:
- Maintaining a rigorous, fair CSM interview process that builds a pipeline of great candidates
- Setting expectations and providing regular feedback on team and individual performance
- Delivering regular training and coaching to your team
- Performing common managerial tasks (e.g., scheduling, expense reporting) for your team
QUALIFICATIONS WE REQUIRE
To be a viable candidate for this position, you must demonstrate to us that you have:
- High ethical standards of conduct
- Strong technical background and skills, especially with the products in our Customer Success tech stack: tools such as Slack, Zoom, JIRA, Confluence, Pendo, Full Story, Zendesk, Salesforce, Microsoft Office or Google Suite, and Business Intelligence (BI) tools like Jaspersoft and GoodData
- Leadership, management, organization, communication (written and spoken), problem solving, and analysis skills
- Provable ability to optimize and scale Onboarding & Adoption processes for a SaaS company
- Experience from a Customer Success team at a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) or technology company
- Experience successfully managing a fully-remote team of 10 or more people.
The successful candidate will also have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or a minimum of 4 years of equivalent, directly-related experience leading some facet of a Customer Success team
- The ability to work in the United States without Decisiv’s sponsorship
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally without restriction, including holding a current passport or the ability to promptly obtain one.
- A readily-available work environment:
- With a strong, stable broadband internet connection that can handle Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) calls, streaming video, and comparable high-bandwidth applications (at least 8 Mbps up / 1.5 Mbps down)
- Where you can hold telephone and video calls or record video and audio content without interruption or distraction from background noise, activity, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS WE REALLY LIKE
- Experience at a SaaS or technology company that serves the transportation, heavy equipment, or power generation industries, especially parts and service management
- Experience building an Onboarding or Customer Success team
- Spoken and written communication skills in languages other than American English, particularly Spanish, French, Swedish, or Japanese
- Live near a major transportation hub
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Apply for this Position
- A career opportunity to:
- Lead and serve a dynamic and earnestly dedicated Customer Success team
- Help mature and scale a growing SaaS company’s Customer Success organization
- Work remotely when not traveling
- Training, coaching, and support from a fun team