We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team and help us deliver cool features, fast for a new project. Are you an experienced developer looking for a new challenge?
We are a remote-first company with a globally distributed team of 70. We’re proud of the way we get great work done. Our clients love working with us and we partner with them on long-term projects. Our teams are engaged and excited about our work.
What do we offer?
- Hard technical challenges (you won't find all the answers on Stack Overflow) where you can take ownership of the solution
- Work as part of a talented, globally distributed, successful team
- A productive and non-frustrating work environment from a focussed adherence to our agile/scrum processes (we really believe it helps getting good work done)
- A great working atmosphere where you can share and learn with other smart people - on this and on other projects.
- The best-in-class toolsets: Slack, CI/CD with Docker etc
- Meetups in our Barcelona offices for our remote folks
- Competitive rates
- A long term working relationship: this project, then others.
- Working within a fast moving team (working ~11am - 8pm Central European time) of both backend and frontend engineers.
- Building challenging business logic on top of open source Solidus.
- Designing clean APIs and often interfacing with other legacy backend systems.
- Solving hard business logic with elegant software design
- Identifying bottlenecks, using tools to diagnose and refactor code for scale
- Ensuring the robustness, performance and failure characteristics of the system.
- Writing well tested (rspec), defect free code with CI/CD
- Taking ownership of production applications - managing issues, releases and ensuring quality
Good English verbal and written communication skills are essential. This is a contract position with a long term outlook (12 months+ full-time project) for the right candidate. We are looking for remote workers (most of the company is remote) or have openings based in our Barcelona office.
Apply for this Position