Ahrefs is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help take care of its distributed crawler powered by 2,000 servers and ensure all systems are up and running 24/7. If you possess a healthy desire to automate everything while being able to quickly resolve urgent issues manually, then we want you! We strive to keep humans away from doing repetitive jobs that can be done by computers and focus instead on foreseeing problems and defining programmatic means to handle them.
Our system is big part custom OCaml code and also employs third-party technologies - Debian, ELK, Puppet, Clickhouse, and anything else that will solve the task at hand. In this role, be prepared to deal with 25 petabytes storage cluster, 2,000 baremetal servers, experimental large-scale deployments and all kinds of software bugs and hardware deviations on a daily basis.
- Deep understanding of operating systems and networks fundamentals
- Practical knowledge of Linux userspace and kernel internals
The ideal candidate is expected to:
Apply for this Position
- Understand the whole technology stack at all levels: from network and user-space code to OS internals and hardware
- Independently deal with and investigate infrastructure issues on live production systems including dealing with hardware problems and interact with datacenters
- Develop internal automation - monitoring, setup, statistics
- Have the ability to foresee potential problems and prevent them from happening. Apply first-aid reaction to infrastructure failures when necessary
- Help developers with deployment and integration
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Make well-reasoned technical choices and take responsibility for it
- Approach problems with a practical mindset and suppress perfectionism when time is a priority
- Setup automatic systems to control infrastructure
- Possess a healthy detestation for complex shell scripts