Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Regional Sales Director
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for Singapore and the surrounding region, planning sales execution, driving new business, driving revenue, adoption and market penetration across specified verticals. Additional responsibilities include general management of the Singapore office, and must partner with Operations, Finance, Legal, HR, IT, and other teams to ensure an effective and efficient Fastly presence within Singapore and the surrounding region. Perhaps most importantly, this person must build and maintain the Fastly culture that reflects Fastly’s core values.
The ideal candidate will possess a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect, and software developer levels. The candidate should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against territory and vertical plans, and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets. The candidate should have a successful track record of selling a highly technical product to consumer web, mobile, media and enterprise companies.
What You'll Do
- Development, management and execution of regional plan to ensure Fastly meets its objectives of continued growth in Singapore and the South-East Asia region
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales and account plan to drive revenue and market share in the territory and key market verticals
- Recruit, hire, and train sales executives
- Work with Client Services leaders to recruit, hire and train, sales engineers, technical account managers, customer support, and other local support staff
- Accountable for driving sales, revenue, and meeting or exceeding quota goals and MBO’s
- Effectively and independently deliver the Fastly company story, value proposition, and product demonstrations
- Prepare and manage proposals, quotes, and contracts
- Managing all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, account management
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the Fastly business including Client Services, Marketing, Product, Product Marketing to ensure the regional efforts are aligned and executed
- Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer satisfaction
- Develop long-term strategic relationships positioning with key accounts
- Work closely with Fastly Partnership team to develop and execute an in-region partner plan
- Instill Fastly’s culture and our core values within the local team
- Act as local GM, working with Fastly Operations, Finance, Legal, HR, IT, and other teams to ensure a health local presence that is designed for growth
What We're Looking For
- 15+ years minimum of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience with senior leadership and C-level executives across Technology & Marketing
- A technical sales background, strong marketing and business development acumen that enable engagement and growth at the CTO, CMO, and VP of Digital levels in customers.
- Be prepared to develop, be accountable for, and execute against a clear plan to consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
- Experience in developing, leading and executing growth of customers and teams is preferable.
- A successful track record of building businesses through selling a highly technical product to enterprise companies
- Direct field experience and extensive customer network within mid-size businesses to Enterprise, including large multi-divisional/multinational companies.
- Experience with technologies and content delivery network services, security services, cloud based services, SaaS, PaaS, content management, web analytics, website performance, cloud storage, mobile content delivery or managed web hosting is highly desired
- BA/BS degree required, major in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Self starter who can demonstrate development, growth and expansion of a business
- Experience leading high performing teams
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Apply for this Position