Razeware is the company behind raywenderlich.com, the most popular mobile development site on the Internet. Over the past 8 years, our community has published over 2,000 tutorials, 1,500 videos, and 20 books. Our products have made a difference in the lives of thousands of developers across the world, helping them to get their first job as a mobile developer, grow their careers, or create the app of their dreams.
We are seeking a full-time remote Technical Marketing Copywriter to develop and execute marketing campaigns for our products, from start to finish.
Considering our products are about mobile software development, the ability to grasp the technical concepts presented in our products and present them with a creative flair is essential for this position.
Razeware is a small company with just 15 full-time (or near) team members, and we work with a wide network of over 200 contractors from around the world who help create tutorials, videos, and books for our site. Our entire company is remote, and this job is too - so you can work from wherever you like, or even be a digital nomad! :]
Who This Job Is For
This job is ideal if you...
- ...enjoy working with the written word and make compelling copy.
- ...have a degree in marketing, english, business, or related fields.
- ...consider yourself highly organized and always hit your deadlines.
- ...have an interest in software development and technology.
- ...consider yourself self-motivated, organized, and a go-getter!
Each year, we run 5-10 marketing campaign to promote our new mobile development books, video courses, and tutorials.
As Technical Marketing Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day development and execution of our these marketing campaigns and will report directly to the Editor in Chief.
You will have three key areas of responsibility:
Technical Marketing Copywriting: If the marketing campaign has words, you’ll write them! Specifically, this means you’ll craft all the blog posts, email newsletters, external advertising, landing page copy, and general website copy necessary to make each campaign a success.
Project Management: When it comes to the marketing campaign, you’re in charge! Specifically, this means you’ll create the plans for each campaign, manage the schedules, get what you need from other people, and lead the project from start to finish.
Community Outreach: It’s more than marketing: you’ll be a part of the community! Specifically, that means you’ll attend meetups or conferences, send out evaluation copies of books, help book authors and video instructors get themselves out there, and build relationships with influencers.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, english, business, or related fields.
- 1+ years of experience in marketing copywriting.
- Technical background or interest that allows you to understand and communicate programming-related concepts.
- Proven experience and proficiency in content creation for blog posts, email newsletters, landing pages, and other outlets: writing samples required.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Experience using tools such as Trello, Google Docs, Google Hangouts, and Slack.
- Able to thrive in a remote environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience writing for new technologies, especially software development.
Knowledge of digital marketing, including SEO, web analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook advertising.
- Knowledge of marketing video creation and editing, using Adobe Premiere.
What’s In It For You
Apply for this Position
- Remote working: live anywhere!
- A competitive salary ($35,000 to $45,000 USD/year).
- A premium health plan starting your first day (US only).
- 401K retirement plan with matching starting your first day (US only).
- Generous paid time off, including a 2-week company-wide Christmas vacation!
- Ownership/autonomy of a key area of our company.
- Work with a friendly, motivated, & unique team! :]