Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed components and APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. We feel that anyone needs to be in a position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.spans across over 100 countries.
About The Role
You will be responsible for technical design and work in several functional areas of Elastic’s Cloud offerings. You will lead by example and should participate in coding, debugging complex failure scenarios, and triaging bugs. You’ll analyze the current system, it’s strength and limitations. You will participate in roadmap and project planning efforts and will have ownership for delivering it. You’ll be participating in project management efforts as the teams execute on plans, and you’ll have a role in communicating progress and status to stakeholders.
Some of the things you'll work on
- Provide technical leadership across several functional areas in the team like Kubernetes, Docker Orchestration, Stack features integration, and more
- Combine Elastic’s products (Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, Machine Learning...) with cloud management technologies (Kubernetes, Docker...) to create reliable and scalable Cloud solutions for customers
- Work on a global scale, with all the major Cloud hosting providers: AWS, GCP, Azure, IBM Cloud etc.
- Work with team to help build scalable solutions to deliver the best customer experience
- Have a scope that covers contributing to technical plans and direction within Cloud and across other product teams in Elastic
- Understand our company strategy and help translating it into technical terms and guide our Cloud product’s direction to realize it
- Create technical designs and build POCs for new efforts, validating a wild idea works before committing to it.
- Work with a distributed team of engineers from all across the globe
- Be a contact point in Cloud for other teams within Elastic. Examples include helping Support with difficult cases or consulting the Elastic Stack engineers with designing new features in a Cloud compatible way.
- Be hands on with the codebase. Review work done in the team, and provide constructive feedback
- Help the team define coding practices and standards
What you will bring along
- Proven experience as a software engineer, with a track record of delivering high quality code
- Ability to communicate well with individuals and groups to accomplish a common set of goals
- Technical depth in one or more technologies relevant for SaaS (orchestration, networking, docker, etc.)
- Previous experience providing technical leadership for a group of engineers
- Previous experience in an ownership role for technical direction and strategy
- Previous experience working with stakeholders outside of Engineering
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary.
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads).
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off.
- An environment in which you can balance satisfying work with a great life.
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Apply for this Position