Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Fastly is looking for an Interconnection Manager to join our growing Network Strategy Team. This role will be part of a team that is responsible for the overall strategy and execution of Fastly’s network expansion goals across the globe. The role will support the rapid growth of our global network infrastructure by developing and coordinating our interconnection process across internal teams and our interconnection partners.
What You'll Do
- Using network flow data, you will analyze traffic on the network and make recommendations for potential interconnection with partners based on the regional interconnect policies that Fastly has established
- You will be the first point of contact with existing and potential new partners when interconnection inquiries are made and will work with the regional infrastructure manager to make determinations about the inquiries
- For new and existing interconnection partners, you will coordinate with the partner and internal teams to ensure that cross-connects and BGP sessions are turned up in a timely manner - driving the process from start to finish
- You will be responsible for managing the peering inquiry queue, communicating with the partners as needed to ensure that we’re responding in a timely manner
- You will build reports for the regional infrastructure managers and other members of the team about the health of our interconnection links, identifying potential new partners to reach out to, and helping to identify large shifts in traffic and theorizing about the causation
- You will attend some of the regional interconnection meetings with the regional infrastructure manager and work with them to coordinate meetings with existing and potential partners
- You will also ensure that any actions agreed upon are followed through to completion
What We're Looking For
- 2-4 years experience working with an engineering, operations, or infrastructure team doing traffic analysis, coordination of cross-connect installations with datacenter operators and partners, and a solid understanding of basic interconnection concepts and terminology
- Experience in network operations, engineering, and infrastructure roles for Content Delivery Network (CDN), Internet Service Provider (ISP), Hosting, or other datacenter-centric environments is a plus
- You must be an independent self-starter who is able to track tasks with meticulous detail and drive them to completion
- You must thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment, and must be highly capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects in the context of larger cross-functional initiatives
- You must be detail-oriented, organized, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You must possess strong organizational and analytical skills; have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite as well as the ability to use other planning and analysis tools
- Experience working with Google Data Studio and other visualization tools is a plus
- B.A. or B.S. in an engineering, computer-related field of study, mathematics, business, or other equivalent degree and/or sufficient on-the-job training
- This position will require regular travel - a passport is required
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Apply for this Position